1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Ok, so this is probably going to sound really bad, but what do you guys mean by Tio2. I tried to do a search, but couldn't find an answer. I've been looking around for the X Metal XX (Is that the right name?), and that seems to pop up a lot for them. What would be the proper search term for those as well? Sorry if this is a very obvious answer haha. I don't seem to understand :confused:.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

I'm An X Metal Noobie - 04-121.jpg
    ok Tio2 is a colorway for the frame.. basically X-metal nosebridge and earstems, with plasma/titanium orbitals.. =)

its probably as rare as the 24K gold X-Metal XX, if not rarer.

Feel free to PM me with X-metal questions.. im happy to answer them =)

3. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Oh! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks! I think I'll stick to Carbon :).

Does this make them lighter than other X Metal frame options/colors?

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

TiO2 or carbon etc.. they are all just surface finishes.. the actual material is still the same (X-Metal) so no weight differences.. just how they look =)

6. oakleyandi

Means that the metal has been treated with titanium dioxide

7. oakleyandi

Yeah, is just a treatment for the metal, which is the same for all the x metal... but it looks rad and the frames TiO2 are becoming harder to find because the production was limited to only a few units (don't know the number)

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

really? im not aware of this. TiO2 is just a colorway AFAIK.. i dont think it had anything to do with actual use of Titanium dioxide..?

9. oakleyandi

Yeah, it is, but this treatment was just applied to only a few (I'm using the words from the guy that gave me the lecture during a tour to the HQ) hundreds of frames from different models (XX, Romeo and Juliet) and it was a very rare production run, unlike the carbon or plasma that are constantly in production

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ah ok misunderstanding. yeah the TiO2 colorway definitely is rare.. as rare as 24k or rarer.. although there are lots of 'Custom' jobs out there.. made by splicing a plasma and X-Metal frame together..