• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm bad at making decisions, help me out.

Tortoise sounds great, I may just go ahead wit that. I feel like I may be buying way too many pairs of Holbrooks but they just released a bunch of new frames to OakleSI including the covert collection. I like the new prizm lenses, the tint isn't quite dark enough.

A couple other reasons you may not have many replies are that many members here are contact users specifically so they can wear their other pairs, and lasik surgery is getting so cheap now that a lot of people are opting for a one time fix so that they don't have to buy contacts and Rx lenses every year.

To add to my previous reply, I wouldn't EVER buy an all day wear Rx frame that didn't have some type of nose pads. These days I wouldn't get an Rx pair with curved stems either. What's the longest you've ever worn a pair of Holbrooks for? You need to consider if you could wear them from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed without comfort issues. Weight on an Rx frame makes a big difference. If you can't see when you take them off, maybe something a little lighter would be better if you actually MUST wear glasses to be functional in your daily life. My last pair of Rx frames were non-Oakley titanium frames that at the time I thought were super light. After a couple months of wearing them the hard plastic on the curved part of the ear stems really started to bother me, and the weight of the frames/lenses put more pressure on the bridge of my nose than I could stand for more than a few hours at a time. Now that I've gone to the Transistor frame, which is also titanium, its like night and day. They are much lighter and the stems are straight with unobtainium ear socks, making wearing them for a full day a pleasure rather than a pain.

I don't know what you have now for Rx frames but speaking from experience its often better to spend more now for a pair than you'll enjoy and be sad to see go when they need replaced than to rush into whatever is cheap right now that you'll stop wearing in a month. Rx glasses aren't any good if you can't keep them on long enough to use them!

This got me thinking again and I'm looking at Tincan Carbons. I was at a vault and tried TIncans for the first time and they were awesome. I'm not sure how they'll look with clear Rx lenses so I want to try them on without lenses at all and check them out. I've already got three pairs of Holbrooks and OakleySI just extended their line of Holbrooks so I'm sure I can get some more later. Getting insurance to pay for Tincans might be an even better deal.

Back