• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Done with the Madman (The Honeymoon is OVER!)

This is what it is.... Lux owns Oakley, period. They make this crap in China, there are very little quality controls and regulations that are enforced so their profit margins are ridiculous. From lux's stand point they could care less what the collectors, and previous generations loved about the brand. It's all about the future. They will ride the coat tails of the reputation Oakley made for itself, and reap the rewards. I personally, like the Oakley, gear, apparel, and some of their other items, but refuse to buy any glasses from them that says "Made in China" on them. I was proud to buy Oakley's knowing they were made right here, but now who knows how or what has gone into them. A perfect example of the lack of quality controls is the recent lumber liquidators case. They literally swapped labels of chemicals int he factory to remain compliant, and shipped toxic flooring to the US.... I realize this is an extreme example, but it goes to show that no matter what, the quality of the brand we love will never be what it once was.

@qtrain23 You are correct, metals had their flaws, but they were made here in the US, Designed here in the US, and their style and design are still sought after by new Oakley enthusiasts, as well as the older generations of collectors. Comparing x metals to theses is like comparing apples to oranges. They share a name, but are nothing alike.

This is what it is.... Lux owns Oakley, period. They make this crap in China, there are very little quality controls and regulations that are enforced so their profit margins are ridiculous. From lux's stand point they could care less what the collectors, and previous generations loved about the brand. It's all about the future. They will ride the coat tails of the reputation Oakley made for itself, and reap the rewards. I personally, like the Oakley, gear, apparel, and some of their other items, but refuse to buy any glasses from them that says "Made in China" on them. I was proud to buy Oakley's knowing they were made right here, but now who knows how or what has gone into them. A perfect example of the lack of quality controls is the recent lumber liquidators case. They literally swapped labels of chemicals int he factory to remain compliant, and shipped toxic flooring to the US.... I realize this is an extreme example, but it goes to show that no matter what, the quality of the brand we love will never be what it once was.

@qtrain23 You are correct, metals had their flaws, but they were made here in the US, Designed here in the US, and their style and design are still sought after by new Oakley enthusiasts, as well as the older generations of collectors. Comparing x metals to theses is like comparing apples to oranges. They share a name, but are nothing alike.
Yay! More unfounded frustration-based Lux bashing!

Sections of this post have been debunked repeatedly, yet they are still stated as fact.

What kind of phone do you use? What kind of TV? Car tires? Clothes? What kind of food do you eat?

I'm sure it's safe to assume it's all 100% made/grown/produced in the US. Clearly anything else would be inferior and just a cash grab by these American companies.

Sections of this post have been debunked repeatedly, yet they are still stated as fact.

What kind of phone do you use? What kind of TV? Car tires? Clothes? What kind of food do you eat?

I'm sure it's safe to assume it's all 100% made/grown/produced in the US. Clearly anything else would be inferior and just a cash grab by these American companies.

What sections? Exactly?

Also, I never stated anything other than American products were inferior, but it is a KNOWN fact that china skirts regulations within their factories. The US has ISO standards, and federal regulations that protect the consumer during the manufacture process. I am PROUD to support and buy products made here in the US.

1. The ISO 9000 family of quality management systems standards is designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product.

Also, I never stated anything other than American products were inferior, but it is a KNOWN fact that china skirts regulations within their factories. The US has ISO standards, and federal regulations that protect the consumer during the manufacture process. I am PROUD to support and buy products made here in the US.

Foxconn, which has factories in China is an ISO 9001:2008 compliant company. While I would rather buy US made products also, that just isn't realistic.

Companies all reuse "legacy" names to hope to boost sales. Look at the Dodge Shelby Chargers of the 1980's.

It is more than most manufacturers in China have. That is the point I was trying to make.

Back