• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Done with the Madman (The Honeymoon is OVER!)

I believe the alloy came secondary to the desire to create 3D frames in metal.

This is back when metal frames were wires. Stamped arms, ring orbitals,, simple cast pieces, no real "sculpted" metal glasses. Oakley has since done this with other materials. The Romeo could have been made out of anything. Steel would be too heavy, aluminum too brittle. In mid 90's there weren't many other castable metals available.
I guess your post comes from the other side of the argument. Should have waited a bit to post my last reply LOL. I guess this shows it is not black and white, more like 50 Shades of grey, sorry wrong reference. :lol:

and yet again another sense less bashing of the new releases if you don't like it SHUT THE F UP my gosh appreciate it atleast that Oakley/lux is trying to release something different and new either you like it or not does that really matter??????? the forum is not even 1% of the market out there. The new releases are pretty much widely accepted by the masses. I am sure if the madman raws are available at your store the BASHERS will definitely snug one so come on guys. The member who started the thread wanted to return his lets leave at that and put a PERIOD ONT IT.
My point was not to "BASH" Luxotica!!!! It was to give a reason why people find this topic so interesting. Granted it is a preference whether you like them or not and personally I do like the design as I have mentioned numerous times. But the fact that these have been put in the same category as the old X-Metals, kind of invites this type of discussion. With that I will halt my comments on this subject.

I apologise if this has offended you, but it is just about making sense of it all!

Went to the vault today, the manager noticed my Hammerstem Julie (finally an employee who recognizes the brand's own glasses, lol). Told me he has madman and badman in the back room. HQ said they can't sell them yet. Wonder why... Could there be quality control issues or something? Got to see a sapphire lens today, not polarized but it gave me an idea what they look like. Beautiful lens! So, I for one am grateful for the Badman, solely because I want that polarized sapphire lens for a little Julie I recently snagged off @Dallas O Hog :)

Went to the vault today, the manager noticed my Hammerstem Julie (finally an employee who recognizes the brand's own glasses, lol). Told me he has madman and badman in the back room. HQ said they can't sell them yet. Wonder why... Could there be quality control issues or something? Got to see a sapphire lens today, not polarized but it gave me an idea what they look like. Beautiful lens! So, I for one am grateful for the Badman, solely because I want that polarized sapphire lens for a little Julie I recently snagged off @Dallas O Hog :)
They're rolling them out in batches. Vaults aren't selling them quite yet.

Good thing you told me, I was planning a trip to the Vault to check these out, along with some other stuff. I forgot to check to see if they were still O-Store exclusive.

They're rolling them out in batches. Vaults aren't selling them quite yet.

Good thing you told me, I was planning a trip to the Vault to check these out, along with some other stuff. I forgot to check to see if they were still O-Store exclusive.
Haha, glad to save you the drive, that darn mall traffic is a bear... The manager says they have a waiting list to notify people when they are available. You may just want to call and get on the list so they let you know when you can physically see them.

very entertaining to say atleast :D we all have different opinion love it or not it's you. love my mads got the Ferrari edition the bads don't fit me well so I skipped that. cheap metals or not they are Oakley lets just accept it that titaniums will never come back all Oakley future releases will be at the same variations plastic/alum. The mentality is acceptance don't compare em to the classics as they are untouchables I think if you do that you will be a happy camper :)
There is carbon fiber too ;)

and yet again another sense less bashing of the new releases if you don't like it SHUT THE F UP my gosh appreciate it atleast that Oakley/lux is trying to release something different and new either you like it or not does that really matter??????? the forum is not even 1% of the market out there. The new releases are pretty much widely accepted by the masses. I am sure if the madman raws are available at your store the BASHERS will definitely snug one so come on guys. The member who started the thread wanted to return his lets leave at that and put a PERIOD ONT IT.
Point blank this a discussion thread! If you don't like what people have to say don't read it. They entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree or not . Keep it friendly !

The ONLY thing I appreciate about the MM and BM (oh that's funny...just noticed that LMAO) is that it shows the company is trying something different. That along with what we're hearing through the grapevine is maybe the company is backing off this cookie cutter lifestyle frames orgy they've been on the last 5 years gives me hope that maybe there will be a post Lux acquisition design I'll actually want to own. So far NOTHING that has birthed out of the Lux owned Oakley has been good enough- X-Metal inspired or not. This company used to be edgy even with its lifestyle frames like the Oil Rig- just get back to that and I'll be pleased. The whole calling these X-Metals isn't really about that to me or putting them up against the original line, its more about remember that X-Metals were the PINNACLE of Oakley at the time? That they were show pieces-look what we can do when we toss conventional thought out the window and just say "make it happen"? That's where equating the MM and BM with the X-Metals bothers me-because to me that means that even if they're different with different materials you're at least implying this is the best of what you can do (and the frigging MSRP certainly implies that)- and I certainly hope these aren't the best they can do. And no- I wouldn't snag a MM or BM if it was in my local store. I saw and tried on both- I couldn't get them off my face and out of my hands fast enough.

I know I know...dead horse, nobody cares, most people buying Oakley don't even know about the original X-Metals. I know- I was in an O-Store and one employee asked me "who makes those?" pointing at the X-Squared on my head. Like really dude? Its not like its an over 10 years discontinued R1...these were in production a couple years ago. So yeah, I get it. But when someone says "they're still Oakley's" I have to disagree- what made Oakley Oakley, what made Oakely's be something where you said "they're Oakley's" and everyone knew what that meant, THAT Oakley I haven't seen in awhile and the fact that many of use look at maybe the next few years at O and say it could be a "rebirth"? Well that tells you all you need to know about our perception of recent years. Though, if stuff like the MM and BM are that rebirth? Its stillborn. :offtopic: Done.

Latest Posts

Back