1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Oakley Beginner

Well I just received in the mail my set of half X from tarheel (btw awesome to deal with) and I have a feeling that this is just the start of many more to come will have pics up later

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Its only the beginning...... hang on, its gonna be a fast ride!

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

time for a fully fledged X-Metal - A juliet, XX or ROmeo!

4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Or at least the other half...

5. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

Glad you like them. My wife misses them already as I miss my romeo 2 I traded.

6. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Oakley Beginner

Come on now guys xmetals are xmetals :) I really liked the way the half x felt to wear daily but I am working on a set of xs from cl right now my wife calls it a sickness, I just tell her I could be spending money on much worst

7. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Welcome to the x metal insanity

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

hhaha the only thing Xmetal about the half-X is the material used. It has nothing that the Xmetal line stands for, design wise - no flex couplers, Jet intake icons, or a sleek and creative design. Its basically a fat titanium wire

and yes, the sickness.. haha! we all got it bud! Ive got at least one of every model, 9+juliets, 3 pennys, 2 romeo2's... slippery slope, as they say.

9. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have numerous Xmetals, as you all know. I will say that when I obtained my first Half X I was intrigued by the design of the spring hinges, which they are quite unique in their own way. If they are not properly seated on your face correctly, they actually can look crooked.

My only complaint about them is the lens, its too big for that frame.... The lens needs to be shortened, IMO