• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm jealous of the previous generation and their X-Metals

rml0015

Oakley Beginner
Auburn
Before joining the forum I had never seen a pair of X-metal Oakley shades. Basically, at 23, I am too young to have really caught them in stores. Not to mention O-vaults don't exist in Alabama(among a million other retail and entertainment destinations). To give you reference my first pair of Oakley's were the T-pain style Oil Rig glasses, and now I'm slightly addicted. So as it were, I'm jealous of your X-metals.

I need some education. What's the story on them? Why aren't they in stores anymore, or are there more to come?

Mark

They're no longer in stores due to a finite supply. ......they're also no longer making them. The production process was so expensive, that Lux decided to call it quits when they took over from Jim Jannard. Also, you may notice, there's less metal being used in their line-ups now.

They're no longer in stores due to a finite supply. ......they're also no longer making them. The production process was so expensive, that Lux decided to call it quits when they took over from Jim Jannard. Also, you may notice, there's less metal being used in their line-ups now.

That being said, you need to find a pair and see what they're all about. I guarantee you will want to own at least a pair. Be careful they are addicting and expensive

Before joining the forum I had never seen a pair of X-metal Oakley shades. Basically, at 23, I am too young to have really caught them in stores. Not to mention O-vaults don't exist in Alabama(among a million other retail and entertainment destinations). To give you reference my first pair of Oakley's were the T-pain style Oil Rig glasses, and now I'm slightly addicted. So as it were, I'm jealous of your X-metals.

I need some education. What's the story on them? Why aren't they in stores anymore, or are there more to come?

Mark
Hey Mark. Just wanted to correct you on the lack of Vaults in Alabama. There is ONE, in Foley, way in the southern part of the state near Mobile. Just one. Lol

I hear you on the Oakley history, I got into this recently and I'm still learning.

Sent from Q's Note5

Mark

You can do a search on this forum as there have been many many many threads about x-metals and the materials and craftsmanship put into them.

Also oreview.com

youtube has lots of videos as well on x-metals and how they were made.

I thought someone said they closed the plant due to new environmental restrictions? either way the X-metals were pretty much dead in the water by the time they closed the plant. The X Squareds were selling very slowly worldwide while the Half X and Juliets were on the way out. I wish they had kept the plant for a possible future X-metal reboot but they were very slow sellers back then. we had 15 years of the line and it seemed everyone had their fill of it. Only when the line was discontinued did we finally wake up and said we would buy them if they put out more, but of course by that time it was already too late.

Hey Mark. Just wanted to correct you on the lack of Vaults in Alabama. There is ONE, in Foley, way in the southern part of the state near Mobile. Just one. Lol

I hear you on the Oakley history, I got into this recently and I'm still learning.

Sent from Q's Note5

I have been to the vault in Foley. Cool place.

Back