• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm kinda wondering why O hasn't made the Radar obsolete.

It's not a "good/better" it's a pricing tier and size thing. Which some people read into as the pricier pair being better.

The Racing Jacket is a full frame pair. It was tiered with the Split Jacket.

I personally much prefer Radar to Radarlock - I find them sturdier. I also find them WAY easier to change than Radarlock. I really don't like that little mechanism and I find it finicky. It certainly isn't in the same spirit of switchlock as Racing and Fast Jacket. Those are super quick and easy.

The regular and straight stem options make a difference for a lot of people as well.

It's been brought up but the 2nd lens thing is a bit contentious as well - it makes sense for crappy O retailers that don't carry replacement lenses, but often times the 2nd lens isn't what the customer wants anyways so they're spending extra on something they're not happy with. As a retailer, I'd much rather have everything stock with 1 lens then sell a 2nd that they'd actually like. As a customer, if I'm forced to get a 2nd lens I would hope it would be a chunk cheaper than if I were to buy them separately which it isn't.

Back