1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

Because...

Oakley didn't make one, not one, colorway of the Crankcase that I liked (The Polished Black / Warm Grey / Gunmetal Icon was ok but, due to a lack of an Iridium lens, it was a not a keeper), so I had to put together the ones I wanted by combining and customizing several different pairs. Thankfully, they've been available at decent prices to make all of this possible.

So, here they are! The Crankcase collection the way I would have designed them, with what I had available from Oakley. Since they never offered a Ruby Ird lens w/ a Red icon or a Fire Ird lens w/ an Orange icon I couldn't incorporate those :sad: Boo!

I didn't really care for the White or Matte Clear Frames. They just don't look "right" on me. However, I do think my version of the Polished White Frame / Warm Grey / Gunmetal is / was better than the original White / JI combo. Unfortunately, in regards to the Matte Clear Frame, I couldn't find a combo on these that I like - I just got them for the Ice Ird Polarized lenses and the Polished Blue Icons. They will be taking a trip to Colorado Custom Look!

Right to Left, Top to Bottom:

Steel Frame / BIP / Chrome Icons, Polished Black Frame / Ice Ird Polarized / Polished Blue Icons.

Steel Frame / Jade Ird / Green icons, Polished Black Frame / Jade Ird / Polished Green Icons.

Matte Black Frame / BIP / Chrome Icons, Polished Black Frame / Violet Ird / Polished Purple Icons.

Polished White Frame / Warm Grey / Gunmetal Icons, Matte Clear Frame / Dark Grey / Green Icons.

I'm Pretty Cranky!!! - IMG_0646.jpg

Last edited: 2/22/14
    Sunglass Shack and headpatrolman like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Great customs! I think you're better off making the color ways the way you want them rather than preserving the factory release. It's all too often our preferred colorway has to be made custom.

spin_nin likes this.
  3. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

You should let Dr.chop fix you up something nice.

spin_nin likes this.
  4. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

Seems like a really nice guy and he is very talented.He does some amazing work.

Last edited: 6/11/14
  5. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

i think, youre the forum Crankcase master! lol!

spin_nin likes this.
  6. Where did you get that case from? I've been thinking about building my own out of lexan for a long time with the exact setup that you have. Is it something you built or can I go buy one somewhere?

7. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Like the Matte Clear / Grey / green icons pair too.

spin_nin likes this.
  8. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

LOL. I guess it depends on your criteria for that title. I'm sure there are a few others that have the complete (or almost complete) OEM collection, like @del518 (in the photo, I see that he is missing the Polished Black Frame / Warm Grey / Gunmetal Icon).

9. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I think I have that one. It's the one in the pic with orange sticker on it.
    I'm Pretty Cranky!!! - D3CAC3B5-E6BC-4511-AFED-98D08D13A3B3.jpg

spin_nin likes this.
  10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Cool collection man.

spin_nin likes this.