• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm white as can be, but are asian fit a better fit for me?

JacketFan

Oakley Beginner
With the Jawbone it comes with two nose piece sizes. With the small size they feel like they don't sit far enough back/tough my nose enough, or else they slip down. The bigger nose pieces solve this problem, though they pinch a tiny bit. My nose has a pretty well defined bridge, somewhat narrow. Were those intended to be asian fit nose bridges or just a different size?

Each pair comes with a small and large size nose piece kit. The large size is what is used in Asian Fit models but that doesn't necessarily mean you're asian, "asian fit" is really just a term for "smaller nose bridge" wearers.

I've noticed in my shop that it is about 50/50. Lots of caucasion faces fit the A-fit (technically "Alternate" fit) frames and lots of Asian faces fit the regular fit (The rest of the Asian customers (Japanese specifically) buy the regular fit even though it doesnt fit at all, just steezin out on Oakley's they can't get in Japan). Like Eckstream said, "whatever works..."

If it feels good, then go ahead and use the Asian Fit nosebombs. It works for some people on some styles, and not on others. If you want to pass the Asian Fit test, try on a pair of AF Straight Jackets. Those things sit ridiculously high up on your face. They did a better job of protecting my eyebrows than my eyes :laugh:

Yeah do whatever you have to as long as it fits. I'm Korean and I have the bigger nose bombs on my Rx Half-X. But there are some pairs where I don't have the fatter nose bombs either.

Latest Posts

Back