• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Impact Of Condition On Value (Low End)

Advent

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I'm curious how condition impacts value on x-metal frames? Browsing Ebay the last several months I've noticed the more rare frames (romeo/ichiro juliet) will sell for a premium (200+.. yes that's low to most people, but I'm on a budget. :tongue: ) with serious condition flaws or missing box/coin. Though prices definitely seem to be in flux.

In my case, I have a non-serialized black irid. titanium Juliet (no box/paperwork etc) with minor scratches on the frame and lenses, and a solid bridge. How would something like that compare in value to something like the Barras artist glasses?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm curious how condition impacts value on x-metal frames? Browsing Ebay the last several months I've noticed the more rare frames (romeo/ichiro juliet) will sell for a premium (200+.. yes that's low to most people, but I'm on a budget. :tongue: ) with serious condition flaws or missing box/coin. Though prices definitely seem to be in flux.

In my case, I have a non-serialized black irid. titanium Juliet (no box/paperwork etc) with minor scratches on the frame and lenses, and a solid bridge. How would something like that compare in value to something like the Barras artist glasses?

Thanks!

Depends on the conditon of the Barris Montefrio and whether it complete or not. A Romeo 1 frame with no lenses and no unobtainiums will fetch a high price because its a Romeo 1, people need parts and will find them and restore it. Serialized Ichiros are also priced high because they are limited metals..... Your Juliet, without pics of it could be around $175 If serialized maybe a lil more.

Remember supply and demand..... Because metals are now discontinued the price will go up even more..... Also the artist series line can change in price depending on who it is, and who wants it bad enough.

...In my case, I have a non-serialized black irid. titanium Juliet (no box/paperwork etc) with minor scratches on the frame and lenses, and a solid bridge...
FIrstly, i dont think you have a "titanium" juliet with Black iridium. you probably have the Xmetal Juliet. Titanium frame for the juliet was quite limited and only came with gold iridium lenses and rootbeer rubber.
Pricewise, basically its market value for new, subtract what it would take for it to be in LNIB condition. For the condition, you'd at least need new lenses approx $70. Subtract that from the $250 for a new pair (no box no coin) = $180.

=)

You're definitely correct. A quick google browse shows the titanium as much paler than the frames I have. For some reason I thought X-metal was lighter. Thank you for the catch and the info!

They do look quite nice, the first generation x metal. I think I'm going to try to keep things small for the time being. Ended up listing the above frame this morning after buying a Penny. Had an extra set of lenses for the Juliets from the switch out on my Rx set which I included and some left over black nose widgets from replacing some reaaaly melty unobtanium on a semi beat up Ichiro Emerald Slate (the green stuff is a bit too expensive for my blood and I like the green/black contrast).

I'm rather curious what the auction gets up to considering how widely they've varied lately. Hoping it offsets the Penny purchase pretty well.

I'm pretty sure I had titanium typed out the first time, but the forum ate the first post. o_O Either that or I'm suffering from brain fever. One of the two.

We'll see when they arrive. : ) I don't have an especially large sized melon, so I think they'll be ok. Worst case scenario, at 150, if they don't I should break even on re-sale (tacking on seller fees and all that jazz).

Back