• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IMPORTANT! …..Beware Of Customized Oakley Products! No Matter Whom It’s From

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting for the OP to chip in again to confirm this alittle more. As others have said once you have bought Oakley items surely they belong to you & you are able to do what you want. If you take them from the trash or without paying Oakley surely that is stealing & is not right. If someone if painting up frames & saying they are the same colourway as a run of ltd edition frames that Oakley are running but Oakley are not doing it in that frame is there a breach there? If they are making it clear that they have been painted up to look like the ltd run on a different frame then surely this has not breached any copyright as it has not been copied from anything.

Who is this rubyx guy? This is his first post and he throws out stuff about customizing? Probably some inside guy at Oakley. I hope he is not referring to DrChop, I would like for him to be specific of whom he is bashing. I have noticed several Radar frames recently on fleabay that were considered custom one offs, if they did not come straight from the factory, that doesn't really bother me. I have a custom pair myself that DrChop did for me and I love them, I would never advertise them as factory one offs though, but I'm sure there are those out there that would. And those are the ones us collectors need to watch out for.

At first I was like :blink:
then I thought about what he's saying.
It can certainly be an issue, but just like any other transaction, you need to trust your seller and know your product.

Having read through the first post again to me it sounded like a little bit of "FRIENDLY ADVICE" for specific person/people on here, maybe trying to forewarn of something? It will be interesting to see if they post again with further info/advice.

Ya personally sounds like an axe to grind but without further info its hard to tell.

I am gonna delete my posts and stay out of this...wasnt knocking anyone on here that I know of just commenting on what I heard but...really ...dont we all hear 100 different things from Oakley that contradict each other...so probably nothing.

For all we know this guy is talking about EdsJunk doing etchings and cutouts, DrChop doing paint and lenses, Batwolf coordinating water transfers, Qtrain doing stands and keychains and logos, any anyone who does icon and lens swapping.

The opening paragraph states directly the manipulators are working for a niche market of this forum.

Who are these people? Well let's call them out as being instrumental in reshaping the value of collections, but let's not be specific in any particular manner.

I think the OP is saying that some people are creating customs to look like the more limited editions pieces from Oakley, or creating customs and claiming they are limited editions based on this statement "These same people selling customized products are also flooding the market with replicated rare factory products...". Now, if they sell them on the basis it is a custom then I don't have a problem with it. If they are claiming it is from Oakley then that is not right.

However, to be honest it's a bizarre first post to make on this forum, and it's filled with conflicting views. For instance, it seems the main bug bear is that by people buying customs or replicas it is devaluing their original item and they're upset about that "These people who are experts in Oakley knowledge are recreating items that are known to existing collectors generating a major concern for people who assign value to items in their collection." It seems the main concern is that the money value of their original items remains high.

I have no idea what this statement means though "Oakley purposefully does not create items to stay true to exclusivity that protect consumers."?

I think the OP is saying that some people are creating customs to look like the more limited editions pieces from Oakley, or creating customs and claiming they are limited editions based on this statement "These same people selling customized products are also flooding the market with replicated rare factory products...". Now, if they sell them on the basis it is a custom then I don't have a problem with it. If they are claiming it is from Oakley then that is not right.

However, to be honest it's a bizarre first post to make on this forum, and it's filled with conflicting views. For instance, it seems the main bug bear is that by people buying customs or replicas it is devaluing their original item and they're upset about that "These people who are experts in Oakley knowledge are recreating items that are known to existing collectors generating a major concern for people who assign value to items in their collection." It seems the main concern is that the money value of their original items remains high.

I have no idea what this statement means though "Oakley purposefully does not create items to stay true to exclusivity that protect consumers."?
Frankly I haven't seen anything remotely close to what this guy is talking about taking place on the forums. Unless I'm just clueless. Whether or not it happens on eBay I don't know, but he's clearly calling out members of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back