• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IMPORTANT! …..Beware Of Customized Oakley Products! No Matter Whom It’s From

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been reading this since about mid day. I've gone back and further on every ones opinion and points which all lead to valid information. i feel rubyx is really just pointing it out there kinda like people do with ebay buyers. (which often times those people get called out on here, this could be leading to some confusion and have some people not understanding why a warning has been given but no names have been posted) Honestly, I feel he's not calling anyone out but just looking out for members that share the same passion and for the product.

As it goes for what Dr. Chop does, i don't feel like that's what he is talking about and by all means do not feel that what chop does is wrong . I mean there are guys up north that take Nike Air force ones and do wick it paint schemes and sale the shoes for like 500-600 dollars a pair. I'm sure Nike knows about it but what can they do really that person bought there product at the price they sold it for.

On the topic of this being a Oakley insider (which i don't believe it is) if this claim could win Oakley $160,000 with just a simple proof given then why warn the people. i would think they would be out to collect there pay days. This slightly reminds me of the Napster days. I can remember fondly that my friend never got a warning. He just received a letter stating he was being sued for certain reason.

And maybe its just me and this does seem weird for this person to just randomly make this there first post and it cause all this flare of conversation but hey isn't this why we do this forum for good conversation. This is my little input which isn't much but im looking forward to future post.

i have been reading this since about mid day. I've gone back and further on every ones opinion and points which all lead to valid information. i feel rubyx is really just pointing it out there kinda like people do with ebay buyers. (which often times those people get called out on here, this could be leading to some confusion and have some people not understanding why a warning has been given but no names have been posted) Honestly, I feel he's not calling anyone out but just looking out for members that share the same passion and for the product.

As it goes for what Dr. Chop does, i don't feel like that's what he is talking about and by all means do not feel that what chop does is wrong . I mean there are goes up north that take Nike Air force ones and do wick it paint schemes and sale the shoes for like 500-600 dollars a pair. I'm sure Nike knows about it but what can they do really that person bought there product at the price they sold it for.

On the topic of this being a Oakley insider (which i don't believe it is) if this claim could win Oakley $160,000 with just a simple proof given then why warn the people. i would think they would be out to collect there pay days. This slightly reminds me of the Napster days. I can remember fondly that my friend never got a warning. He just received a letter stating he was being sued for certain reason.

And maybe its just me and this does seem weird for this person to just randomly make this there first post and it cause all this flare of conversation but hey isn't this why we do this forum for good conversation. This is my little input which isn't much but im looking forward to future post.

Thank you, I believe if you read my post you will see I am speaking the truth. Protecting people on this site is my obvious motive and I honestly don't see how my post does otherwise.Take it as conjecture if you would like, hell... stick your head in the sand for all I care but simply stating otherwise does not change anything. All in all, people who read will become more informed. Maybe to others this information has effects that I am not aware of. YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Look people.....I do have examples, you can bet your ass that I am telling the truth but it benefits no-one to call them out.
I fail to understand why your calling these people out won't benefit this community.
The sheep will know who the wolves in sheep's clothing are.
You're basically anonymous anyway.

It doesnt take a forensics lab to finger out who youre talking about, so lets quit using pseudonyms.

Oakley is losing potential sales. People collect sets, and they collect 'exclusive' pairs. There is a point of diminishing returns when everything becomes limited nothing truly is, but Oakley could very easily capitalize on some additional 'exclusive' lines like the Infinite Hero and Live Strong.

This is a good point but I would argue that capitalizing from every single combo is not Oakley's goal. rubyx is speaking of marketing and exclusiveness as all of the above. Take a clear Holbrook and coat it in gold and you have imitation FMJ, thus decreasing the value of existing versions. This is messing with a market and I think thats what they are trying to convey. Although I have not heard of anyone doing this I would bet dollars to donuts that it can easily happen

Weve all been informed...everyone can make their own decisions from here.

It doesnt take a forensics lab to finger out who youre talking about, so lets quit using pseudonyms.

I know of Chop and I am not accusing him of anything. If he has created combos for customers with permission that's perfectly fine. . His reputation as an honest and fourth right seller is fine...... but what if someone claims that they have an item that is his work for resale. What if I opened up a business customizing his product on a larger scale. Does he not have the right to sue me? Am I making sense people? What if he was accused by Oakley of copy-write violations because I manipulate his product? He runs a major risk of a lawsuite because some who is dishonest. If anything my warning is protecting him. I understand that people dont review copywrite law for a living but come on people, open your eyes and at least admit what I am saying has merit. %@#$!

I think I have figured out who the OP is and I understand his reason for posting "He got burned!" Not saying that that doesn’t suck, but if maybe he had done his homework on the product before he bought he never would have made this post and essentially yelled "Fire" in a crowded theater...

Listen guys (and a few girls)... I’m going to give it to you straight...

There is "NO LAW IN PLACE THAT WOULD INCRIMINATE ANYONE FOR PURCHASING A PRODUCT AND MODIFYING IT FOR PROFIT" unless said product was indeed fake or not authentic to begin with. But in the case of the few of us who do modify "Myself Included" if someone wants to steal / borrow my idea there is nothing I can do about it unless I have taken the steps to copyright or patent said product. Oakley is very good about doing this, but has anyone really infringed on this by painting or putting lenses into an authentic / genuine item? Plain and simple "No"... There is a simpler way for modifiers and fans of said modifiers to address this problem as presented by RubyX, a known signature or insignia can be placed on product by the modifier and the buyer should only buy an authentic modified item directly for the modifier.

Look, no one goes after West Coast Customs for enhancing a car and getting paid for it. The problem lies in that counterfeit items being passed off as authentic (mainly from China) are making it to market place and fooling consumers into the belief that it is an authentic item. What we do here is help each other achieve goals of having something unique and in many cases one of a kind, we are well informed and have a rating system in place to show others in our community that we are trust worthy.

This is a Non-Topic as far as I’m concerned and I believe it should have been posted in the FAKES thread, because that would be the only pertinent point to this topic. Fear not innocent modifiers, there is no fire in this theater...

RubyX, no disrespect to you but this is a infringement free market and I for one am very familiar with these laws and changing a color scheme on an Original / Authentic platform is not in any way infringing on these laws even if it is for profit. There has been a topic that I strongly recommended against because of the issues you referred to, but as far as I know that particular item was never produced.

We all know that the value of an item is in the eye of the buyer, that buyer should do his homework and know with whom he is dealing and what modifications have been made in order to make an educated purchase...

Again, I agree Fear. Anything that is counterfeit and is being marked as authentic is the problem, nothing else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back