1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Impromptu Vault Trip - image.jpg So yesterday I had to go to FedEx to collect some tungsten Juliet lenses, as they apparently cannot be bothered to deliver at convenient times... Their depot is about halfway to the Gunwharf Vault, and I was tempted to make the journey but it was wet and I felt unwell, so turned back for home.

Today was sunny again, so I thought I'd do the run today instead. I had a look around the Vault, idly poked around some Radars and M-Frames before looking in the cases where they keep some rarer stuff. Nothing really unexpected, so I made my way to the tiny case embedded in the wall where they keep some more unusual stuff.

Ok, those again and...oh? What's that on top? Carbon/BIP Juliets, boxed with coin and spare rubber? Yeah, I'm having those! According to the sales assistant they only arrived this morning, a single pair. They expected them to sit there a while, I think, but they only lasted a morning!

Brand new and unworn, split case, coin and replacement rubber. Only drawback is the big sticker has been removed and replaced with a more generic one but I can live with that.

The backpack was thrown in free because I'd spent more than £200. Not the large haul some members come back from vaults with, but a nice find for me - and one I might have missed had I gone yesterday as originally intended...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

WOW, great find.

3. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice, that's awesome they threw in the backpack

4. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Great buy.

5. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Awesome find. Grats

6. p4ult

p4ult Oakley Beginner

Nice find!
    I see your in the UK, which Vault was this?
    I didn't know there were Vault stores in the UK?

7. Oakley Veteran

Oakley Veteran Oakley Enthusiast

I'm guessing it's the one in Portsmouth, known online as eyewearoutlet.co.uk?

8. Oakley Veteran

Oakley Veteran Oakley Enthusiast

There were only ever 2 other vault stores in the U.K. but the Portsmouth one always seemed the most knowledgeable/helpful.
    One other was in York which I think might have closed down now (it was only ever a franchise store) and the other one is in Cheshire Oaks.

9. p4ult

p4ult Oakley Beginner

Thanks, I've just found it online, I will pay a visit the next time I'm down that way

10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Yep, it was the vault at Gunwharf Quay in Portsmouth. Refitted earlier this year, the layout is better now and they sometimes have interesting stuff in. Worth a trip (though that is 30 mins for me, so not much effort).