• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Impromptu Vault Trip

Carrera1963

Lover of Juliet
Premium Member
UK
image.jpg
So yesterday I had to go to FedEx to collect some tungsten Juliet lenses, as they apparently cannot be bothered to deliver at convenient times... Their depot is about halfway to the Gunwharf Vault, and I was tempted to make the journey but it was wet and I felt unwell, so turned back for home.

Today was sunny again, so I thought I'd do the run today instead. I had a look around the Vault, idly poked around some Radars and M-Frames before looking in the cases where they keep some rarer stuff. Nothing really unexpected, so I made my way to the tiny case embedded in the wall where they keep some more unusual stuff.

Ok, those again and...oh? What's that on top? Carbon/BIP Juliets, boxed with coin and spare rubber? Yeah, I'm having those! According to the sales assistant they only arrived this morning, a single pair. They expected them to sit there a while, I think, but they only lasted a morning!

Brand new and unworn, split case, coin and replacement rubber. Only drawback is the big sticker has been removed and replaced with a more generic one but I can live with that.

The backpack was thrown in free because I'd spent more than £200. Not the large haul some members come back from vaults with, but a nice find for me - and one I might have missed had I gone yesterday as originally intended...

Nice find!
I see your in the UK, which Vault was this?
I didn't know there were Vault stores in the UK?

There were only ever 2 other vault stores in the U.K. but the Portsmouth one always seemed the most knowledgeable/helpful.
One other was in York which I think might have closed down now (it was only ever a franchise store) and the other one is in Cheshire Oaks.

Yep, it was the vault at Gunwharf Quay in Portsmouth. Refitted earlier this year, the layout is better now and they sometimes have interesting stuff in. Worth a trip (though that is 30 mins for me, so not much effort).

Back