• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Impromptu Vault Trip

Yep, it was the vault at Gunwharf Quay in Portsmouth. Refitted earlier this year, the layout is better now and they sometimes have interesting stuff in. Worth a trip (though that is 30 mins for me, so not much effort).
Does stock in store ever vary much to what they show online, i.e. more there on display?

Yeah, they can be entirely different. I sometimes have a look online before making the trip but it's often not that much of a match anyway. And those Juliets never made it onto the website. I saw that the tortoise/green Holbrook LX had made it onto the website so had planned to take a look at those but never really made it past the Juliets once I saw them :) The trip before was cheaper, I just bought a golfing umbrella.

I'd actually been to the Covent Garden O-store the same week and there was more of interest in the Vault really.

I was there on Sunday, nothing good, nothing.............
Nice find
Damn you! :( Never find carbon framed J's!
Yeah, those Juliet's have got to be a "one off" (although I did see some on the site about 6 months ago).
I wonder where their "deleted" stock comes from?
I know it's not Oakley U.K. and I'm pretty sure it's not from the large stocks that they keep at Holland....?

I grabbed a pair of the carbon/BIs that were on the official site. Should have gone for more for customs...

Not sure where they got this single pair of BIPs, my exact words to the sales guy were "You've unearthed a pair of Juliets from somewhere?" but he was forthcoming on when they got them, not whence they came.

At that point I had my buying head on, so all else was pretty moot! I did say it was probably the easiest sale they'd make that day :)

I'd like to do a shopping trolley dash at that Euro HQ...

Yeah, those Juliet's have got to be a "one off" (although I did see some on the site about 6 months ago).
I wonder where their "deleted" stock comes from?
I know it's not Oakley U.K. and I'm pretty sure it's not from the large stocks that they keep at Holland....?
I grabbed a pair of the carbon/BIs that were on the official site. Should have gone for more for customs...

Not sure where they got this single pair of BIPs, my exact words to the sales guy were "You've unearthed a pair of Juliets from somewhere?" but he was forthcoming on when they got them, not whence they came.

At that point I had my buying head on, so all else was pretty moot! I did say it was probably the easiest sale they'd make that day :)

I'd like to do a shopping trolley dash at that Euro HQ...
Everything sold in there that is not in the new cabinet is returned stock, it's why the labels have DE on them and you are told to check the items when you buy as they are not covered by the Oakley warranty. They do come from Oakley UK, it's just they get them from shop recalls or if shops can't sell something.

Everything sold in there that is not in the new cabinet is returned stock, it's why the labels have DE on them and you are told to check the items when you buy as they are not covered by the Oakley warranty. They do come from Oakley UK, it's just they get them from shop recalls or if shops can't sell something.
Oh that's weird. Last time I asked Su McAneny she said they didn't fully support the Portsmouth store as it was a franchise.
Mind you she did use the word "fully" so I suppose I should have interpreted that better as yes they have our old stocks but are not completely restricted by them....and by "last time" I am probably going back about 5-6 years lol.
I have to remember a lot's changed since my "hoarding days". :)

Oh that's weird. Last time I asked Su McAneny she said they didn't fully support the Portsmouth store as it was a franchise.
Mind you she did use the word "fully" so I suppose I should have interpreted that better as yes they have our old stocks but are not completely restricted by them....and by "last time" I am probably going back about 5-6 years lol.
I have to remember a lot's changed since my "hoarding days". :)
They actually have some new or current release Ferrari stuff in there, the manager in there told me the above last year can't remember his name, but I believe the other vault is Oakley owned.

They actually have some new or current release Ferrari stuff in there, the manager in there told me the above last year can't remember his name, but I believe the other vault is Oakley owned.
Yeah, Cheshire Oaks IS fully owned by Oakley.
Not a bad store actually if you ever get the chance to go. Not that big but actually cheaper than Portsmouth on like for like models.
Su McAneny, ex. Oakley U.K. customer services manageress, would always point you in their direction first before the others.
The only other 2 Vaults that we had being York (which I'm sure is now shut) and Portsmouth, being franchises.
Sucks really when you think about it that in the whole of the U.K. we've only got 2 Vaults, compared to what's in the States.
I know there's Covent Garden but that's an actual O store isn't it I think (never been)?

Yep, Covent Garden is an O Store. Carries current stock, plus limiteds (rust Fuel Cells when I was last there for example) and some UK-specific T-shirts, bags and bits and bobs. Worth a visit if you're in London but I wouldn't make the trip just for that.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back