1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ry.1982

Ry.1982 Oakley Collector Premium Member

All,
    I am not sure if this is the right place, but a great friend that had become my closest friend in the last two years passed away on 27 Aug 2016. I met RoTors on this forum, and due to proximity I was able to meet him face to face a few times. We texted each other nearly daily, talked smack, talked serious, joked, and laughed. It was nearly 6 weeks without any contact and I began to get worried. I reached out to @CarGuy to see if maybe he had heard from him. He found his obit online and broke the news to me today.

RoTors was a light in this world that has been extinguished too soon, and a great member of this forum as well. I hope people can say a few good words about him, and remember that the relationships formed here on this forum can become more than just internet friends.

V/R
    Ryan

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

3. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

Oh man. Ross. I was wondering about him too.. RIP hOmie

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

He was a good friend... We talked about a lot of stuff in our Filipino Viber group of OF members... He was always willing to help out... Godbless you family ross, and rest in peace bro! :-(

5. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

oh no. this is horrible.. I thought he was busy or something. I actually tried contacting him a few times. my heart goes out to his family and friends. he used to poke fun of my frogs but always liked my posts. thank you for your contributions and @RoTors we will all miss you.

NuttyOAK13Y and Chris A Hardaway like this.
  6. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

My most sincere condolences to his family. So tragic. We have lost a very special forum member.

7. Oaks & Dawgs

Oaks & Dawgs Oakley Expert Premium Member

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

This is a great loss to the comunity and I wish the best to his family in their time of loss!

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  9. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

Me and Ross exchanges lots of chats in the viber. I have sold around 20pairs to him including some rare one that i wanted him to keep since i dont fancy some of that frames. He is guy who ask a lot of questions and pretty open into advices. Most of the time he always ask me about prices for a certain pairs. He doesnt like small frames. I convince him to collect zeros and trenchcoats since he seems to like older frame. Sometimes he wants me to like his blades and he always ready to show some pictures of his rare one. We talk about kids and how fussy it is to raise them. He likes toys too and thats the conversation i have nothing to share. I actually remember him yesterday and see whats the latest he been online in our viber group. Because we talk in our local tongue in our group he cannot catch up and he ask me most of the time the meaning of some words. Oh man, i can go on and on but most of the time he is funny. I'll miss you man and im gonna tag you one more time and i hope you read this @RoTors.

nomaded, #1 Stunna!, V2oak and 5 others like this.
  10. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Really sucks to hear. I never communicated with him directly or anything, but it's undoubtedly shocking to find when someone you were aware was active at this forum (or anywhere) is suddenly gone.Evidently he was a good guy based on the posts above.

Condolences to his family.

Jmgarcia likes this.