• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Income Tax Return And Government Handouts

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I think as I get older, work harder and pay more taxes it is really bothers me that I have to foot the bill for someone else. If the government tells you to pay X amount of taxes for a family of 4 then that is all you should owe. We go to get our taxes done and we end up owing $1200 more this after paying in over $17,000 in taxes. Then I hear of a family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids no one works, live off social services pay in 0 taxes and remain unmarried so they can qualify for more government handouts and un-earned income credits getting a return of... are you ready for this... $19,500. How the F* does this happen? Then they go around bragging about it.

I look at my cell phone bill and I am getting charged a fee to support those that can't afford a cell phone.
I look at my gas bill and I am getting a fee to help those that can't afford their gas bill.
This goes on with electric, water and sewer and I am sure other "Hidden" fees on other bills.
Then I look at the people around me with no jobs and on government aide programs in my little town of 770 people and I see one driving an escalade one driving a hummer 3 all with the most up to date Iphone, tablet etc.. It's just crazy how messed our government system is.

In my community this is what you get from our social services program:

Monthly Check
Child care which is 90% of the time paid to a family member watching or claiming to watch your kids
Auto repair allowance
Gas for vehicle
utilities paid for in full
Rent allowance
Walmart gift cards
Goodwill gift cards
WIC I think this is free dairy products
EBC which is the new term for food stamps
Badgercare or Medicare free medical
Then un-earned income

On top of all of that they have the balls to take these family's twice a year and book suites at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells because the program feels they deserve to have family vacations.

Sorry just my rant after getting jabbed by uncle sam again.

Dammm. So true. Dont get me started also on what my child support pays for
This x100000000000.

Child support laws and amounts they can take vary state by state, and the state of Michigan can kiss my ass. At one point they were taking more from me than I had left over to take care of my wife and kid that live with me. And that's with joint custody. I'd hate to see what they get guys who have no custody for.

What I've always said is child support should be like food stamps/ebt these days. You get a card and you are only allowed to buy child related things with it to at least give some peace of mind to the other parent that the money is being used to support the kid, not buy my ex's husband a new truck.... (Sooooooo much rage.... People paying CS will undersand ;))

The mentality that everyone should have an equal opportunity, even though they dont work as hard or arent as smart. It will be the death of our freedoms.
Nature just doesnt work that way. I have a lot of really wealthy clients, I see what money can buy. I dont feel they should give more to give me a better life. I probably wont ever have that kind of money, and Im ok with that.

Some people will always be poor. Even if they get $50,000 a year in social handouts. They will always live just beyond their means. All this on a website forum for completely luxurious and frivolous pleasures.
I pay child support, Im lucky that we are still friends and genuinely put the shared effort into raising our kid.

This x100000000000.

Child support laws and amounts they can take vary state by state, and the state of Michigan can kiss my ass. At one point they were taking more from me than I had left over to take care of my wife and kid that live with me. And that's with joint custody. I'd hate to see what they get guys who have no custody for.

What I've always said is child support should be like food stamps/ebt these days. You get a card and you are only allowed to buy child related things with it to at least give some peace of mind to the other parent that the money is being used to support the kid, not buy my ex's husband a new truck.... (Sooooooo much rage.... People paying CS will undersand ;))
I saw a guy this week.....50% of his net pay went to CS. I was like DAAAAAAMN. I felt for him but still couldn't believe how they expect a guy to live on that.

I saw a guy this week.....50% of his net pay went to CS. I was like DAAAAAAMN. I felt for him but still couldn't believe how they expect a guy to live on that.
Yeah, mine was over that at one point. Michigan changed their CS laws recently so I finally got some relief, but the old laws used to say that to petition the court for a change in CS you had to be in the state and attend the court dates, not just have a lawyer there. I'd like to hear anyone's explanation of how you are supposed to do that while living and working full time in Texas with a wife and kid to support, no vacation/personal time, and so strapped from the CS payments that you can't afford to get there either.

Now add to that situation that if you aren't present they don't take your income into account when figuring out CS payments, only the other parents. Conveniently my ex only worked part time to keep the payment high. Also, her husband has 3 kids that he gets CS payments for, also only works part time....

There was also some BS things like the 1 year waiting period MI requires when divorcing when you have kids. Not a bad policy really but they don't bother to tell you that they charge you the max child support they can the whole year you have to wait, then add it on to whatever they decide you should pay when the divorce goes final. I got a nice letter in the mail one day saying that I owed $12k in back child support and that MI had issued a bench warrant for me....

Thankfully I've worked my ass off and I've gotten it all sorted out and the payments are much more manageable now. I have no issue supporting my kid in any way I can, but needless to say I wasn't happy that I basically bankrolled a new truck my kid will never even ride in.

I'm glad I'm not the minority on the forum. I think we need to form a mens group where we can bitch all day long and beg for handouts!! lmao..

It is as if working hard is penalized! Damn. I don't earn much, and I'm perturbed that folks can "get back" thousands.

You know it's bad when these fly by night tax services have street ads that actively recruit folks with kids with lines like "up to $4500 per child".

And the illegal stuff that goes on grinds my gears. It is so tempting to 'claim a child' so I can get thousands of dollars!

Don't even get me going on that lifeline phone abuse.

Last edited:
Back