• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Income Tax Return And Government Handouts

Where I'm from, OT is taxed at the highest tax bracket possible... Roughly 50% ... And since that's not my actually salary tax bracket, it allows be to get a refund at the end of the year...

So for myself, OT is good if I can get off my lazy @$$ and says 'yes' when they call :p
Here in the states it kinda screws you.....you do get taxed more in the paycheck but somehow if you managed to move into the next tax bracket which most people do when they make a certain amount of OT, then you suddenly underpaid as you are in the next bracket.

Iono how it all works TBH... But on a good year... I can make 20k more in OT...

I havent owed money at tax time in over 10 years... Don't be jealous tho... It's a testament on how much im taxed right from the get-go!

So, as far as I'm concerned... The system kinda works ... In my case...

I saw a guy this week.....50% of his net pay went to CS. I was like DAAAAAAMN. I felt for him but still couldn't believe how they expect a guy to live on that.
I used to work at a moving company (so it isn't really high paying or anything) but the first check a guy got was for roughly $600 and he walked away with $100 after child support and taxes.

Yeah a couple jobs ago I'd work 10-15 hours of overtime every few weeks. Paycheck would see maybe $500 for the 2-3 grand extra I made.

I haven't seen a refund since I was a student. Well, I shouldn't say that. I'm getting $60 back from the state this year. I think I got $25 federal return last year from having an unemployment gap.

Yeah a couple jobs ago I'd work 10-15 hours of overtime every few weeks. Paycheck would see maybe $500 for the 2-3 grand extra I made.

10-15 hrs OT = 2-3grand extra.......I WANT YOUR JOB! :) I've worked over 240 hrs OT so far this year, I'd be rich.

10-15 hrs OT = 2-3grand extra.......I WANT YOUR JOB! :) I've worked over 240 hrs OT so far this year, I'd be rich.
Sorry, there's a bit of maths missing.

10 hrs a week, 4 weeks in a month = 40 hours. 40 * 25 = $1000/month. Overtime was totaled at job end, some jobs were 6 months and I might work OT 1/2 of it = $3000 of OT pay. I didn't see more than half of it. I remember that one specifically because I was PISSED when I got my OT check.

Latest Posts

Back