• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Industrial M Frame and standard M Frame

Are there any differences between the standard M Frame and Industrial M Frame frames?
I want a set of sunglasses with polarized lenses, but the M2's styling just doesn't do it for me.
I guess you could say I'm picky. :crazy:
A friend of mine has a set of the XL's. They fit alright, but the frames just feel a bit bulky to me.

I also really like the cleaner/simpler lines of the M Frames frames, and since the only ones like that are the Industrial ones, I was thinking of using an Industrial frame with a set of M Frame polarized lenses.

I've seen some regular M Frames on Ebay, but I don't want to end up with fakes or a pair with hidden damage.

Thanks for any info or help.

Yes, the industrial are identical to standard retail, except they come with the military/ballistic lens - a bit thicker and marked more prominently Z87+S (they do not, however, have the lens clip hole). The frames will also have the Z87 markings on the inside of the stems at the temples which normal retail pairs did not have.

I believe the Industrial ship with the Agro cut on the newest pairs, but depending on where you buy it old stock will have the standard Strike cut.

There should be no issue using standard lenses.

Back