• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Indy 500 Pit Boss Complete

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I knew I wasn't getting it at $850. Even if I was the high bidder and I had met the reserve, somebody was gonna out bid me in the next 4 days.

Some people reacted to this post.
Sitting at $1025 with four hours to go. I hadn't really ever looked at them, was (not anymore) in the market to have them when I go to the race in 2016 (retirement gift to myself). They look enough like the matte black PBIIs that I already have that I think Ill survive without them. Ill save my money and upgrade the actual seats to be there.

Username Hidden said:
Sitting at $1025 with four hours to go. I hadn't really ever looked at them, was (not anymore) in the market to have them when I go to the race in 2016 (retirement gift to myself). They look enough like the matte black PBIIs that I already have that I think Ill survive without them. Ill save my money and upgrade the actual seats to be there.

Yeah man thats been my problem with them. They are just the Matte black pair the only difference is the lens etching. That is why I never bothered getting them

Username Hidden said:

The only difference in the glasses itself is the Lens etching... beyond that no difference between Matte black PB1 and Indy 500 pb1

Did those actually sell on eBay?
I think it's more that they come with the brick and the limited nature demands the high price

Brick, really? Were they passing it off as an actual brick from the track. Its only 1 yard wide... and has been that way for at least 50+years. They seriously think there are still bricks laying around from the actual track. If thats the draw, I think Ill go to Home Depot and pick up a random brick and sit it on the shelf next to my PBIIs and just lie to myself that its a "real" brick. Then I would just have to get one of those super mod dudes on here to etch me up a pair of replacement lenses and Id have a full up counterfeit round. I thought it was over today. Still sitting at $1025- doesn't end until tomorrow.

Listen @Shldonator and @Leglessracing the whole indy 500 pair and brick etc is nothing but a gimmick. The whole set is honestly pointless. The reason I want a pair is for the collection to try to own the entire elite line... However the boots are near impossible to find. But for the glasses its possible. The thing with the indy 500 pb1 is they only made a 100. Thus the supply and they chance of owning the elite line is very slim.

Other than that the pair is...was and always will be an over priced gimmick.

@xmetalmaniac can you please move this thread to sunglass discussion this thread has become something other than an exchange post... I am ok with that, but I am not ok with it taken up room in the exchange with others are trying to sell glasses.

Username Hidden said:
@xmetalmaniac can you please move this thread to sunglass discussion this thread has become something other than an exchange post... I am ok with that, but I am not ok with it taken up room in the exchange with others are trying to sell glasses.[/QUOTE

Because this is set up as an exchange thread and not a discussion I would have to remove several post from the beginning, and edit the title and such. Thus creating a broken thread. I will just lock the thread and you are welcome to create a new discussion thread and I can merge the posts from there.....

ok I mean that is fine by me I just dont want it taking up room, I bumped it a couple of times... I think most people know I am in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back