• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Inevitable second Jawbreaker and parts swap.

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
Really want to know if the piece around the icon (not the icon itself) comes off easily too. I've seen @dr.chop disassemble an entire pair, but is there any adhesive involved and if not, how does it come off?

jawbreaker crop combo.jpg

Didn't go entirely "Cav Blanco". Black pair is still my main for riding and I just wanted it to be a bit louder. From a practical standpoint I also favor Prizm Road over Jade too (although Jade's nice). In general I literally got the white pair for this purpose. Having a second complete pair was...secondary.

Also gonna note that I think I got my first ever douche pair....if you know what I mean.

If anyone has that same lime (or does it count as Retina Burn?) jaw and the Uranium, that'd be an awesome pic to share. That was my original plan, but I ended up getting the Cav out of impatience.

Really want to know if the piece around the icon (not the icon itself) comes off easily too. I've seen @dr.chop disassemble an entire pair, but is there any adhesive involved and if not, how does it come off?

the whole pair just pops apart...Only thing that is remotely tougher are the pins for the stem locks. The rest just rotate and twist out for the most part. I have the same 2 pairs, and could swap around as well, but I am waiting patiently to get my damn sapphire lens to make the pair I am targeting...it will be a a wicked pair no doubt..it is the prime candidate for this custom job...

the whole pair just pops apart...Only thing that is remotely tougher are the pins for the stem locks. The rest just rotate and twist out for the most part. I have the same 2 pairs, and could swap around as well, but I am waiting patiently to get my damn sapphire lens to make the pair I am targeting...it will be a a wicked pair no doubt..it is the prime candidate for this custom job...

Thanks for the pointer. Funny enough, I ordered a Sapphire lens a couple days ago too.

Been eager to see the result on your pair in progress. I don't see myself keeping the white pair in its current state, but with the possibilities I can't make up my mind on combos I'd want to go with apart from the main frame.

Thanks for the pointer. Funny enough, I ordered a Sapphire lens a couple days ago too.

Been eager to see the result on your pair in progress. I don't see myself keeping the white pair in its current state, but with the possibilities I can't make up my mind on combos I'd want to go with apart from the main frame.
let's just say that once I get my lens, IT'S ON!!!!!!!! White is boring lol, but when that is all that was all that was available, ya take what ya can get haha

let's just say that once I get my lens, IT'S ON!!!!!!!! White is boring lol, but when that is all that was all that was available, ya take what ya can get haha

Picked that pair up for the jaw and stems lol.

Got the other pieces over now. Didn't keep the green rings because it looked too redundant over the lime/retina imo. Thanks again.

20150507_215806_HDR~2.jpg

Back