• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

INFINITE HERO BUILD OPINIONS

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
So I have a set of bnib plasma emerald juliets that im going to make into an infinite hero pair.got the original oem lenses off ebay for $148.00 and a violet rubber set from linegear.is $148.00 too much for lenses.and IF....I wanted to sell the entire set some day....would I get my money back?
I know I could have had the lenses cut for a fraction of the cost,but there is something about original lenses that I thought would make them even better.

well a complete set of IH juliets are like 600-650... so if you have spent around 500 for the frame, lenses and rubbers you would just get your money back if you sell it for 500 too... the question is if somebody will buy it for 500... but yeah original lenses would always make them better!

Not sure id pay that much for a clone when the set wouldn't be that much more. Others would just like to have a pair that is deemed "more wearable" because its not such a collectors item and they wouldn't be risking as much by using the clone. The most I personally would pay is 400 for a clone where I may pay the 650 for a collectible set. But I wear everything I own so I have trouble with spending more than 400 because if you wear something long enough or enough times then something is bound to happen and then your out your investment...

I've got $550.00 into them,but like you are saying...id never want to wear an original set because of the rarity. I move stuff around all the time ,but I think these will be a set to keep, if the lenses get to be unwaerable later I can always have a custom set cut or throw in a set of fires with a red ducati rubber set and I still have a great pair of shades

In general I tend to assume that I wouldn't recoup my investment to customize a pair if I were to sell them. Instead I see my ROI in the use I get from them.

I would just keep all the OG stuff for the Plasma/Emerald to switch back to stock if and when you want to sell.
Then sell the IH lenses seperate, if still in good condition they will only go up in value.

I would just keep all the OG stuff for the Plasma/Emerald to switch back to stock if and when you want to sell. Then sell the IH lenses seperate, if still in good condition they will only go up in value.
That's great advice and really a no-brainer - you got the whole thing NIB and complete, why not keep the parts to put it back together whole? I really think a fake IH with aftermarket rubbers would bring about what the complete plasma emerald would fetch.
The IH to me is more about the whole deal- the nice enameled coin, the bag, the OEM rubbers, the insert and the box. A clone is just a clone IMHO; nice to look at but not the same as a whole one.