• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

INFINITE HERO BUILD OPINIONS

Ive purchased a couple of the lenses from the same guy you did Mark. Both are going to custom pairs that I will use for daily wear. I currently own a new in box IH set as well and will never wear but just display because it's a collectible pair. Now i get to enjoy actually wearing a custom pair to my liking with authentic IH lenses. Win win for me. But I don't think I'll make over 500 selling them if I were going too. Piecing it out might get you closer to it.

Last edited:
Well, things change quickly in my household.i just got a bnib IH juliet.got the lenses from that dude today and he put them in a nice little oakley hardcase for earphones but they work perfect for the lenses.having a spare set of IH lenses is a plus for me so I can wear em and not be too freaked out of scratches in the future.those lenses are perfect too.....wonder how he obtained them?

$148 is alot of money for lenses, but in 5 years they will be. $358.00
I don't think so. I think all of this stuff will reach a point where it's just done appreciating (people will just think "that's too much for that") and will be maxed out.
Then again I see stupid values (based on actual sales not on asking prices) on things like 24k XS & Juliets but for the most part a lot of this is pretty much peaked IMHO. Awhile back IH'S were bringing 800+ and you said you got yours for 550. I think yours are well bought at 550 but market is 650-ish IMO.
I think SWININC's recent Ichiro Emerald lenses are a good example but also of supply and demand. They seem to have settled in the 130 range but then again he has had a pretty steady supply of them which has driven his price down from 179. But will people someday say $350 is an acceptable price for lenses for a pair whose complete set cost about that new retail? I dont see that.
And who.pays retail anyways besides Gentiles? :)

I don't think so. I think all of this stuff will reach a point where it's just done appreciating (people will just think "that's too much for that") and will be maxed out.
Then again I see stupid values (based on actual sales not on asking prices) on things like 24k XS & Juliets but for the most part a lot of this is pretty much peaked IMHO. Awhile back IH'S were bringing 800+ and you said you got yours for 550. I think yours are well bought at 550 but market is 650-ish IMO.
I think SWININC's recent Ichiro Emerald lenses are a good example but also of supply and demand. They seem to have settled in the 130 range but then again he has had a pretty steady supply of them which has driven his price down from 179. But will people someday say $350 is an acceptable price for lenses for a pair whose complete set cost about that new retail? I dont see that.
And who.pays retail anyways besides Gentiles? :)

More than that - the price will settle with time, but longer term, there will be less who remember and care and value. I've seen it with other collectables. That's why I say not to look at collectables as an investment; there's lots of proper investments with better returns.

Collect because you want it. When you don't anymore, sell it. All the laser tag stuff I posted in the misc exchange is a perfect example - they were hot items when I bought them, but now they sell for less, and I'm selling for even less than current market (oy vey!). I held on to them for a long time, but now I'm just not going to need them in the future so it's time to churn, despite lingering affection. If I had thought of them as an investment, it would be a big loss. But I got my value out of their use; they're a lot of fun. Same with my Oaks.

My .02; sorry for the soapbox.

[DISCLAIMER - this is a genuine statement on philosophy and not an attempt to spam whore my laser tag WTS thread :D)

"Supply and demand" is correct @CarGuy ... First IH pair sold from the guy was around $200. Then slowly going down to $148. But Now some other person is selling them for $149 but is using the same pictures as the other dude. Hmmm...