• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Infinite Hero Flak Jacket Vault Case?

Kuztomized

I should Work at Oakley
Southwest PA
I recently ordered a pair of Infinite Hero Flak Jacket sunglasses from oakley.com.

The vault that came with them was different than expected. See pic below.

When I buy Flaks I have always gotten the vault with the foam inside to hold the glasses and 2 additional sets of lenses. This vault is the same shape and size but no foam.

Is this specific to the IH Flaks? Or is oakley now shipping this vault with all Flaks?

DD3AA0F3-1D35-4B65-A4D9-46C72F64382D_zpslj20hdjh.jpg

From what I remember Oakley is now only offering this style of vault. The other style was discontinued due to issues with scratches the lenses that were placed in the foam cutouts.

Interesting, thanks!

I have always wondered if that was a potential issue. I'm always careful to keep the foam as clean as possible.

That's pretty bogus. The whole point of the Flak was to readily change lenses, but with that style case you can't actually carry the extra lenses! Sucks.

they are all like this on newly manufactured items...old ones scratched! I always have used large vault case padded by extra bags instead anyway

Back