1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

I recently ordered a pair of Infinite Hero Flak Jacket sunglasses from oakley.com.

The vault that came with them was different than expected. See pic below.

When I buy Flaks I have always gotten the vault with the foam inside to hold the glasses and 2 additional sets of lenses. This vault is the same shape and size but no foam.

Is this specific to the IH Flaks? Or is oakley now shipping this vault with all Flaks?

Infinite Hero Flak Jacket Vault Case? - DD3AA0F3-1D35-4B65-A4D9-46C72F64382D_zpslj20hdjh.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

From what I remember Oakley is now only offering this style of vault. The other style was discontinued due to issues with scratches the lenses that were placed in the foam cutouts.

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  3. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

Interesting, thanks!

I have always wondered if that was a potential issue. I'm always careful to keep the foam as clean as possible.

4. reswob

reswob Oakley Beginner

That's pretty bogus. The whole point of the Flak was to readily change lenses, but with that style case you can't actually carry the extra lenses! Sucks.

5. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

I'd rather lose the ability to carry extra lenses than have the ability to carry extra lenses with scratches. I've had a few pairs scratch in the old style case.

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  6. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

they are all like this on newly manufactured items...old ones scratched! I always have used large vault case padded by extra bags instead anyway