• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Infinite Hero Juliet - LNIB

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Whats the story on the XX

Some people reacted to this post.
No new face.

Price Drop. $600.

Bump

Bump. Can you guys see the pictures on the first post? Or is Flickr acting up?

Can't see them last time I looked a few weeks ago couldn't see them either. Wanted extra rubbers lol

Username Hidden said:
How does one do an xmetal frame in 24k?
I'm wondering that too. They look good.

Username Hidden said:
Whats the story on the XX
That's the first X Metal that you did, blasted and tighten job. It became Ry1982's first 24K plating job.
Username Hidden said:
How does one do an xmetal frame in 24k?
Ry1982 did those for me and now Infinite Hero has taken the reins on plating from Ryan. They would be better qualified for the how aspect but basically: prep the surfaces, plate with a copper base (strike) plating job, buff, then another layer of copper plating, then buffed again, then a coating of 24K plating (that can adhere to the copper but not X Metal), buff again, plate again in 24K, buff again, then a jewelry quality nano e-coating clear finish called Kliar. He put I would say around 12 hours in that pair. A lot of that was trial and error- do, re-do, learn more, re-do, learn more, repeat - but it earned Ryan a pretty solid background in electro-plating. He in turn passed that knowledge base onto Infinite Hero for his family of services.

Bump!

Username Hidden said:
That's the first X Metal that you did, blasted and tighten job. It became Ry1982's first 24K plating job.

Ry1982 did those for me and now Infinite Hero has taken the reins on plating from Ryan. They would be better qualified for the how aspect but basically: prep the surfaces, plate with a copper base (strike) plating job, buff, then another layer of copper plating, then buffed again, then a coating of 24K plating (that can adhere to the copper but not X Metal), buff again, plate again in 24K, buff again, then a jewelry quality nano e-coating clear finish called Kliar. He put I would say around 12 hours in that pair. A lot of that was trial and error- do, re-do, learn more, re-do, learn more, repeat - but it earned Ryan a pretty solid background in electro-plating. He in turn passed that knowledge base onto Infinite Hero for his family of services.

Bump!
Oh man, it is so sick!

SPF. :cool-33: