1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Does any one have any idea why Oakley loves to mess with us ?!?! The Infinite Hero line provides violet iridium lenses in all of there models except the Radar. WTF..... I mean IMO the didn't do the Radar justice, it's like they just forgot about it. They don't even make replacement lenses for any of IH line, who cares the etched logo isn't there, they don't even offer the option. You will have to send in the frame to obtain new ones...... They only make replacement violet iridium lenses for 3 models of frames currently, the crankcase, Holbrook and half jacket 2.0. The Batwolf along with a bunch of other frames have a violet iridium lens option for its frame, you can't buy an extra or replacement but it's available in a prebuilt frame..... What gives?? Personally I think the lens is an awesome color on a matte colored frame. They really need to have these available.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mwoodrow

mwoodrow Oakley Beginner

I agree, the violet iridium is amazing and I love them in my IH pairs.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

For some reason Oakley likes to recycle parts. For instance, the Fuel Cell already had Violet Iridium lenses (Clear with Violet Iridium) but not for the Split Jacket and they decided to make that. At the same time they didn't make it for the Radar. I'm sure there is a reason why they do what they do, but unless you know someone deep within the company, we'll probably never know why.

4. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

The plaintiff didnt have violet iridium either. I made my radar that way myself:

Infinite Hero Radar, where's the violet iridium? - 84793761.jpg

I didnt have to send mine in, they sent the lens to me, so i dont know.

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

You just ordered it from customer service? Damn I should call them.

They don't make the Violet in Pitch do they?

6. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I dont think they make it in pitch. Ya they just shipped the lens to me.

7. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

I'm thinking it is so service people can wear them

8. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

There's violet iridium path lens currently listed on ebay. Not mine, I just wanted to let know.