• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

InfiniteHero's custom lens cutting discussion thread

Hi, As soon as you get a solution for the lenses on the R2 could you let me know as I would definantly want a pair.
Thanks for starting this thread Mike. I do appreciate it. I would like to know after the recieving of my lenses, how each customer likes them and compares them to factory lenses. This is a new deal for X-Metals---to have a Oakley lens, that is cut close to identical as the original factory ones, that can or might change the way we look at them, and put values on them. The word "Survivor" might have to start being a specific value compared to a no scratch condition lens. A new category as you will. Romeo 1 specific for now.

I would like to know if any members have suggestions, (besides a R2, working on that one), of lens colors, group buys etc.... If a member feels they have had a negative experience, I would like that put here too. Good and Bad. Nothing is perfect, so this will allow for improvement.

New products for the month of October coming up---- Juliet T-6 screws, Penny T-6 screws, Romeo 1 Screws, XS Screws.

Hello, there. Would you please let me know as soon as you are able to do R2 lenses? My Penny needs lenses replaced. Is this something you can do? Thanks.

todd,
I need a set of clear lenses for a Juliet im working on. They will be my safety glasses at work,can you do?

Hey InfiniteHero, now that SGH is offering the Polarized Jade Iridium any chance you'll be cutting some for Juliets? If so how much? I really want a pair for my Carbon Jules.

They are only available on a pair of glasses at SGH. Have to buy the whole thing just to get a lens. There is nothing there I want. So likely not.

Probably done a whole lot of the XX's. Some have been really tight, which means they are likely 1st gens. I can trace the lens for that cut instead of tracing the frame. That will give the lens a 1.5mm approx smaller outside diameter. Or just send me your frame, and I will trace that orbital and install the lens for you. Either way just the same.

C6--- I can do any frame the is not done like the HJ, FJ, etc... I will need the frame and the original lenses, to make sure which one I trace. Also if different from the Xmetal series I neeed to know what type of donor you want. Not sure of the curvature for most of the other frames. Doing a Holbrook, Eyepatch, and Dispatch this week.

If anyone want a cut its 40 including shipping back to you by Priority Mail. Will include international shipping, but only First Class mail. If it is a special frame other than a Xmetal, then you must send in your frame. All cuts are optically centered, and I can get the lenses for you, and sometimes its a bit cheaper for me to do that for you.

Probably done a whole lot of the XX's. Some have been really tight, which means they are likely 1st gens. I can trace the lens for that cut instead of tracing the frame. That will give the lens a 1.5mm approx smaller outside diameter. Or just send me your frame, and I will trace that orbital and install the lens for you. Either way just the same.

C6--- I can do any frame the is not done like the HJ, FJ, etc... I will need the frame and the original lenses, to make sure which one I trace. Also if different from the Xmetal series I neeed to know what type of donor you want. Not sure of the curvature for most of the other frames. Doing a Holbrook, Eyepatch, and Dispatch this week.

If anyone want a cut its 40 including shipping back to you by Priority Mail. Will include international shipping, but only First Class mail. If it is a special frame other than a Xmetal, then you must send in your frame. All cuts are optically centered, and I can get the lenses for you, and sometimes its a bit cheaper for me to do that for you.

Thanks IH, good to know. Frame has to make a stop at the X man first, I'll be in touch.

Back