• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Inheritance

Like any of my possessions, I would like them to go to my family, but when it really comes down to it, i'll be dead, and no one in my family cares too much about Oaks, so hopefully they will sell them and not just keep them for my sake.

@TheRevTy got me thinking..... For all of you X Metal owners, who are you going to trust to look after and cherish your beloved X Metals when you are with the angels??

Lol if you are seriously thinking about this, I suggest you sell them all before you pass on assuming you have the luxury of old age.

Seen far too many cases where cherished collections get passed to someone who has no idea of value and it becomes a fire sale.

@TheRevTy got me thinking..... For all of you X Metal owners, who are you going to trust to look after and cherish your beloved X Metals when you are with the angels??

At one point I worried about this, but no more. I've asked my wife and kids to pick out 2 or 3 pairs and send them away with me; I figure I probably need a polar and non-polar since I have no idea what the lighting will be like where I am going? :unsure:

It really does not matter which ones, as long as they send me off with something. My family knows what I wear the most as that has developed over time so I trust their judgement. Besides, I keep all my pieces right so anything they grab will be well kept - since its mine! :showingbiceps:

I won't need any stands or cases since I'll be dead, but any pairs sent away with me that are not on my head will go in a bag with me, as that is only right.

For the other pairs in the collection... My wife has a couple of names of folks she can trust to call who will help her sell off anything that her or our children do not wish to keep, which could be all or nothing - but more likely something in between. My family will not need the ca$h as they will be ok. The idea would be anyone who helps liquidate what I have should get a fair commission and/or a few pairs to keep. The rest will be made available to collectors here on the forum or directly otherwise through these individuals at reasonable prices. :)

I would hope my kids each take a cab and a few pairs to remember me. If they don't I might have to come back and haunt them or something. Do some poltergeist stuff and throw their glasses on the floor, crack lenses, bend their earstems - especially if they decide to wear something other than Oakleys. :p I'm kidding of course, maybe...?

At one point I worried about this, but no more. I've asked my wife and kids to pick out 2 or 3 pairs and send them away with me; I figure I probably need a polar and non-polar since I have no idea what the lighting will be like where I am going? :unsure:

It really does not matter which ones, as long as they send me off with something. My family knows what I wear the most as that has developed over time so I trust their judgement. Besides, I keep all my pieces right so anything they grab will be well kept - since its mine! :showingbiceps:

I won't need any stands or cases since I'll be dead, but any pairs sent away with me that are not on my head will go in a bag with me, as that is only right.

For the other pairs in the collection... My wife has a couple of names of folks she can trust to call who will help her sell off anything that her or our children do not wish to keep, which could be all or nothing - but more likely something in between. My family will not need the ca$h as they will be ok. The idea would be anyone who helps liquidate what I have should get a fair commission and/or a few pairs to keep. The rest will be made available to collectors here on the forum or directly otherwise through these individuals at reasonable prices. :)

I would hope my kids each take a cab and a few pairs to remember me. If they don't I might have to come back and haunt them or something. Do some poltergeist stuff and throw their glasses on the floor, crack lenses, bend their earstems - especially if they decide to wear something other than Oakleys. I'm kidding of course, maybe...?
I'm will pass my collection down to my children. I am and I will instill into them the importance and significance of my x metals, so that when they do inherit them, they look after and cherish them. But when I'm gone, who cares lol

But when I'm gone, who cares lol

I think the ones who observe and/or become innocent bystanders, those 'victims' of our collecting that are close to us will care! :D I know there will be MANY memories tied to or triggered by my Oaks. The monetary value of my collection will be mathematically and emotionally insignificant compared to the many smiles and happy memories that will remain after I am gone!

I think the ones who observe and/or become innocent bystanders, those 'victims' of our collecting that are close to us will care! :D I know there will be MANY memories tied to or triggered by my Oaks. The monetary value of my collection will be mathematically and emotionally insignificant compared to the many smiles and happy memories that will remain after I am gone!
That is very true. Infact, for those reasons, our children will cherish our X Metals more than us

Latest Posts

Back