1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. pantera

pantera Oakley Beginner

Hi, i need some information please. I have a pair of Oakley Inmate that i bought 3 years ago and except from the frame all the rest needs to be replaced. So i am looking for the right sources to buy replacement lenses, earsocks and nose pads. There are quite a few negative reviews for aftermarket replacement lenses and so i would like to ask the following:
    1. Does Oakley still provide genuine replacement lenses for Inmate series?
    2. Is any of the aftermarket manufacturers trustworty in terms of quality?
    3. The color of my current lenses is brown. Can i get the same brown shade but with full eye cover?
    4. Do earsocks and nose pad come from the wire series?
    5. Again, what are my options for buying replacement earsocks and nose pads?
    Any answer will be much appreciated, thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

I called them a few weeks ago and I think they have a few lenses avail. I want to say Warm Grey (YUCK) and VR28 Black Iridium Polar (YAY). Only thing is they wont sell them outright, you have to send them in. As far as rubbers, no dice. They are out of them. Nose pads, you might want to take them in to a O-store. Most of the nose pads are the same for wires. I would say get the VR28 BIP from Oakley, its brownish when looking through them (more of a Rose color) but looks like Black Iridium on the outside. I would stay away from aftermarket lenses. I have yet to see replacement aftermarket rubbers as well. Hope this helps

3. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

VR28 is a great lens. They work well in the inmate

atrain likes this.
  4. pantera

pantera Oakley Beginner

Thanks a lot, yes i will agree you with you about the VR28 BIP. I had a quick search on their website and i couldn't find any lenses for inmate series. I assume you meant that i can order them from an Oakley store, right?

5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

hello and welcome when you say PANTERA you mean COWBOYS FROM HELL right?? lol

6. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

You can not "order" them from oakley. As @atrain said you had to contact warranty and arrange to send your frames in and have them swapped out. I did this exact thing about 10 months ago. There were 2 different inmate models (lens cuts slightly different)and there is no way of telling the difference (same SKU's) other than having warranty take a look at them. Another downside is the inmate is one of the hardest lenses to swap out for the consumer. Don't believe that? Ask around here. Anyway send to warranty and they will hook you up. I would also ask (once they have your glasses) about rubbers as I was able to score a few sets when I had mine done.

Good luck.

7. pantera

pantera Oakley Beginner

No, DeTomaso Pantera...

8. pantera

pantera Oakley Beginner

Thank you, this is helpful.

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

When I say Pantera, I do mean Cowboys From Hell... Though maybe more Vulgar Display of Power...:D

Pantera!