• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Insurance - the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems...

Who are you insured through? I got tired of clogged toilets and poor flushes so I replaced my toilet with the largest diameter drain I could find in a toilet. It waste water but you could flust a hand towel and it wouldn't get plugged. Look at the video on the right side of this page. They flush 11 water wiggles down, that's pretty impressive.

Amazon.com: Toilets Buying Guide

Progressive. Our policy covers all the water damage but not replacing the actual toilet. I've been complaining about the downstairs one for some time but the wife never really cared about it. Now she wants to replace all three...

Makes me think that all bathrooms should have a floor drain just in case...

I was saying the same thing! The wife's from Hong Kong and her brother and his family are in Australia; we've visited both a few times and I've noticed they always have a drain in the center of the bathroom floor; thought that was very practical. Don't know why they don't do that over here, it wouldn't add much cost and sure would have saved us (and many others) a lot of trouble...

I was saying the same thing! The wife's from Hong Kong and her brother and his family are in Australia; we've visited both a few times and I've noticed they always have a drain in the center of the bathroom floor; thought that was very practical. Don't know why they don't do that over here, it wouldn't add much cost and sure would have saved us (and many others) a lot of trouble...
If I build a house the entire bathroom will be able to be cleaned with a hose, and the shower won't have walls/doors.

Good lord I don't understand some people and their bathrooms. Tiny barely-functioning toilets, fancy wallpaper, fancy towels, tiny little sink that's on a 30" tall counter, good grief.

Give me 40"+ tall counters so I don't have to lean over to get my hands in the basin. A large mirror with a decent sized vanity mirror that can telescope/swivel to either magnify or be used to see the back of my head. A toilet with paper I don't need to be a Russian gymnist to contort around to reach, tall enough I'm not falling down to sit on it, and the elongated variety (for reasons... ladies like them too!). A shower where my shoulders aren't hitting the walls any time I move. And I'll clean it if you give me a brush with a handle longer than 12" and the ability to bring clean water in to wash everything down.

But no, we need a fancy ass bath mat, and tile that only covers the bottom 4" of the wall, and terrible seals on the sink and toilet, and wood fixtures. WHO THINKS WOOD IS A GOOD IDEA IN THE ONE ROOM THAT GETS WATER AND STEAM EVERYWHERE.

Sorry. It's a sore subject. I'm just tired of people not doing anything in the name of function.

^^ 100% agree! I can only hope to be able to design/build my own house one day. Or at least a few of the rooms. A giant, walk-in shower is a must. And, my bathrooms will have floor drains.

If I build a house the entire bathroom will be able to be cleaned with a hose, and the shower won't have walls/doors.

Good lord I don't understand some people and their bathrooms. Tiny barely-functioning toilets, fancy wallpaper, fancy towels, tiny little sink that's on a 30" tall counter, good grief.

Give me 40"+ tall counters so I don't have to lean over to get my hands in the basin. A large mirror with a decent sized vanity mirror that can telescope/swivel to either magnify or be used to see the back of my head. A toilet with paper I don't need to be a Russian gymnist to contort around to reach, tall enough I'm not falling down to sit on it, and the elongated variety (for reasons... ladies like them too!). A shower where my shoulders aren't hitting the walls any time I move. And I'll clean it if you give me a brush with a handle longer than 12" and the ability to bring clean water in to wash everything down.

But no, we need a fancy ass bath mat, and tile that only covers the bottom 4" of the wall, and terrible seals on the sink and toilet, and wood fixtures. WHO THINKS WOOD IS A GOOD IDEA IN THE ONE ROOM THAT GETS WATER AND STEAM EVERYWHERE.

Sorry. It's a sore subject. I'm just tired of people not doing anything in the name of function.
This is why I rediid my bathrooms to be tile top to bottom. :)

Uh, why do you want to see the back of your head?
I cut my own hair. More than once I've gone to work with a missed spot. On the odd occasion I shave my head. I suppose men with hair would want to know how it looks from most angles to avoid looking a'fool in public.

I assume women would appreciate this for all of their hairly things.

Back