1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

This question is directed to those people with quite extensive and expensive collections. What do you guys have for insurance on your collections, just home owners insurance do you have specific items appraised for replacement value?

I've been thinking about replacement value of the collection and how one would determine that as there are some pairs that are becoming nearly impossible to get a hold of.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Pretty sure there is a thread already discussing this.... either on here or on o-review.
  3. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Get in touch with your insurance company. Depending on how significant of a value you place may affect if you need to inform them. Have everything well documented with photographs and receipts should help if something were to happen .
  4. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I was just thinking about this as well and after searching found this older thread so..

I was curious as to how people insure their collections as well. In today's market value it doesn't even have to be a real large collection. My collection sits at about 22 with a couple more coming next week. So if you average $400 a pair, a little high on a couple pair but very low on several others I'm looking at over $10,000 with cases and display items. And the values seem to be going up daily.
  5. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

...gotta love the archives :)

...'stated value' is the best approach IMO, as that can be X$s today and X+Y$'s next month, just takes a call to your insurance company.