• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Insurance

I just don't believe that you should have to pay a company extra to insure they do their job correctly. I'll give u an example. I just paid 800.00 to have a car shipped from Arizona to Baltimore. What I actually paid for was them to beat the hell out of it for 2200 miles. Now you would think that the company would have to pay for the damages? Uh hh no, now you think their insurance company they are required to have to have this business would then have to pay for It. A ahhhh once again no. So I bought this car so far away because it had a great body on it. I could have bought one down the street for nearly have the price with same body issues. So now I have to sue this guy for the repair. It may actually cost me as much in attorney fees if not more then just to fix it myself.
The shipping company by is Volga Trans out of Colorado. Class Act he is. First accused me of making up the damage, then wouldn't answer the phone. I called from a different area code and he answered. When I identified myself he said "oh you have the wrong number" and hung up.
His insurance said unless he puts the claim in they don't have to pay the claim.

It should be incumbent on the person who is charging the service to deliver the package to deliver in a safe manner. In as good as condition when given to them. What good is having a lower price then the competition and then when you want to make sure it gets their safe added cost brings it up to the price of the other carrier? It's one thing to say hey bro I'll I'm going that way I'll drop it off as a favor to you versus hey this is my business to deliver packages but I bear no responsibility on the condition when delivered if at all

But it is actually backwards the dude just doing you a favor is more responsible then the shipping company

I just don't believe that you should have to pay a company extra to insure they do their job correctly. I'll give u an example. I just paid 800.00 to have a car shipped from Arizona to Baltimore. What I actually paid for was them to beat the hell out of it for 2200 miles. Now you would think that the company would have to pay for the damages? Uh hh no, now you think their insurance company they are required to have to have this business would then have to pay for It. A ahhhh once again no. So I bought this car so far away because it had a great body on it. I could have bought one down the street for nearly have the price with same body issues. So now I have to sue this guy for the repair. It may actually cost me as much in attorney fees if not more then just to fix it myself.
The shipping company by is Volga Trans out of Colorado. Class Act he is. First accused me of making up the damage, then wouldn't answer the phone. I called from a different area code and he answered. When I identified myself he said "oh you have the wrong number" and hung up.
His insurance said unless he puts the claim in they don't have to pay the claim.
That is just ****ed up. If you ever want to use a car shipping company look up "reliable". I use them for every single car I've had shipped to and from me. Your vehicle would be inside an enclosed trailer and the price also competetive. They also handle a lot of the Barrett Jackson auction vehicles too.