• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Interesting Email I Got From Revant Optics

discodave

Go Navy!
I emailed Revant Optics about lenses for my Radars. I was hoping to get the Elite lens for either a Path or a Pitch so I asked them if they plan on adding them to their lineup any time soon. Here are the emails they sent me. Weird.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435192191.765736.jpg

So after receiving the first email I asked them if they could go into further detail about why they don't have any lens other than the Edge (for Radars) and why they were being so evasive about it. Then I got this. Sidestep sidestep sidestep.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435192280.209875.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Other companies offer the lens. They all suck but they're out there. How would them making that lens be patent infringement?
Oakley probably wouldn't bother chasing them since other companies are minor and aren't seen as legit alternatives whereas revant is a brand a fair few would seriously consider. They're allowed to make the m frame lenses probably because they've surpassed the 10 year mark.

From what I understand in general, it's much harder to produce a shield lens for their Elite line as they're presumably tapered and/or base-in while their regular lenses are not. For the non-Elites. I don't know. It seems like they could've been able to do it (especially before the Edge cut), but we can't jump to conclusions. Maybe it is in fact patent infringement and the other brands have yet to be clapped.

From what I understand in general, it's much harder to produce a shield lens for their Elite line as they're presumably tapered and/or base-in while their regular lenses are not. For the non-Elites. I don't know. It seems like they could've been able to do it (especially before the Edge cut), but we can't jump to conclusions. Maybe it is in fact patent infringement and the other brands have yet to be clapped.

I think he is referring to not having the Path or Pitch style lens
The only lens they carry is the edge style

Well Dave you read my mind. A few days ago I was also checking the Revant website wondering if they had purple Radar Path lenses that I could use for an Infinite Hero Radar frame since Oakley does not offer these. Revant did not have any Radar Path lenses at all and I was wondering why. So your email to them and their reply answers my question.

Just to add here.
Fuse also does not make any Radar lens
I use them in my Pitboss and Split Jackets

So Im not sure why they dont make any Radar or at the time Fast Jackets
I posted on there site when I ordered lens for the Max Fear Holbrooks I just got.
They replied that they are coming out soon on the Fast Jackets, but no response to the Radars
Walleva only makes the Range style lens no Path

Just to add here.
Fuse also does not make any Radar lens
I use them in my Pitboss and Split Jackets

So Im not sure why they dont make any Radar or at the time Fast Jackets
I posted on there site when I ordered lens for the Max Fear Holbrooks I just got.
They replied that they are coming out soon on the Fast Jackets, but no response to the Radars
Walleva only makes the Range style lens no Path
Yep. Fuse makes none for the Radar and Revant only makes the Edge (which most don't like).

Back