• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Interesting pair on CL "Thick T15"

I've been texting back and forth with him and he talked to his friend who he got them from and that they were a prototype pair made before the production pairs. He said he is going to hang onto them for now tho but he said he would meet me in person sometime so I could compare them to a production pair. See if there happens to be any differences on these vs others.

Bummer.

I've been texting back and forth with him and he talked to his friend who he got them from and that they were a prototype pair made before the production pairs. He said he is going to hang onto them for now tho but he said he would meet me in person sometime so I could compare them to a production pair. See if there happens to be any differences on these vs others.
Knowledge prevokes greed in some. :rolleyes: He is now thinking it's a Proto type and I can get a lot more money than 425

It is not a prototype of the Juliet model itself but rather a testing of the coating application. They did testing of many coatings all throughout the X-metals lifecycle since they had so many problems with it. Good find.

Why I hate when cl **** is posted lol

I had found the ad before it was posted here. I just posted the info that he told me since others seemed interested in the story behind them.
What I'm saying is u may have been close getting them and then all the interest makes the seller increase the price. It's a discussion thread I know but sucks when good items get pulled

Wow. The whole thing looks thicker in one of those pics. The finish is definitely seen better days. That's a prototype for sure.

Wow. The whole thing looks thicker in one of those pics. The finish is definitely seen better days. That's a prototype for sure.

:)

The finish is actually varied. May not show up too well in the photos, but you can actually see where test coating was applied. Pretty neat little piece of history.

Latest Posts

Back