1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum

What's happening? Oakley was bought 10 years ago by dem dam EYEtalians. They think they can ruin everything with lower cost labor while trying to maximize profits with an inferior product.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mhakii

mhakii Oakley Beginner

Hi, There Mhakii here from the Philippines. Hope to find a possible supplier here for my business.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

Welcome to the forum

4. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome to the community, @r927, thanks for signing up. Many of us are not huge fans of the latest frames either, so you'll be able to find the old stuff in our exchange if you're interested in re-building your stock. ;)

5. cyclerdoug

Thanks for joining! A bunch of members in here from your island chain, welcome!

And what "business supplies" are you looking for?

I got a line on some surplus rockets...mostly from the Korean War era. Not sure if they all work like they should but you're welcome to throw me a bid and I'll let you test a few at random before I ship them.

;)

6. Jsami

Jsami Oakley Beginner

HI!, I'm new to the Oakley forum but have been collecting a little bit of everything for over 20 years. I've also pitched a lot of sunglasses along the way. I look forward to share, collect and meet all of you
    Jennifer

cyclerdoug likes this.
  7. OakleyFrankFMJ

Welcome to the forum

8. cyclerdoug

Welcome to the community, Jennifer. Please stick around and contribute! :)

9. OakleySnob

OakleySnob Oakley Beginner

Hi everybody, the reason for my handle is an accusation with which I was tarred by a friend of mine the other day: "Are you an Oakley snob or something?" My reply: "Well, um, okay."

I bought a pair of Emerald Iridium FMJ Gunmetal Minute 1.0s in 2002, or maybe 2003. I love them. This past October, I finally broke them (Minute 1.0 disease -- the left temple snapped in two) while climbing a 14er here in Colorado. They were in pristine condition until then, and I wore them despite thinking they were out of style.

Imagine my surprise when I tried to get a left temple (I asked the Oakley folks, who responded, predictably, that they no longer have parts for ancient shades such as mine). Then I found a similar pair on an *ahem!* auction site online -- for twice what I had paid for mine. Collectability. Who knew?

I've bought a couple of used frames from that *ahem!* auction site, which I'm pretty sure are fakes (the color of the lenses and the frames aren't quite right, there's a middle structural "rib" inside the *ahem!* auctioned pair's temples -- not clearly visible in the posted photos, and the "O" is very slightly different ; nevertheless, until I find the real item the not-quite-matching-but-it'll-do-for-now replacement temple will keep them on my head.

So now I am setting out to collect Oakleys, just for fun. I am about to receive another vintage pair from the same era (but a different model) from my brother, who no longer wears sunglasses.

Long story, I know. Greetings to all. I hope to get to know some fellow Oakley snobs (it's still cheaper than collecting Maseratis), learn a lot, and have fun. Avanti!

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

Welcome to the forum

eBay. I think it's pronounced eBay. :rofl:

You'll find some good stuff here once you meet the exchange requirements

cyclerdoug and OakleySnob like this.