• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introducing OakleyExchange.com

Funny thing is, some people think paypal is a scam lol.

The people that think paypal is a scam really don't know how to use it. People that take the gamble of receiving a perfect product and choose to pay via "gift" method then they are just digging their own graves if they receive something that was not as described.

The correct way to do it if you do not have trust in your seller, is have them send an invoice with a full description in their words and pay for it via paypal through the payment option (yes fees are charged) but with it done this way you have a written contract. So you have to pay the seller a couple extra bucks to make up the difference they lose due to the transaction. Your purchase then qualifies for paypal protection because the item did not match what the invoice said.

Take note! I am not accusing anyone of anything, but people that think paypal is a scam are just clueless about its use.

Pay the fees, use the payment option and get the protection. Technically if you use the gift option you are scamming paypal, why should they have to stand behind anyone on an item they purchased and decided to pay with a gift option? Just my thoughts. Yes I think ebay and paypal fees are outrageous, but it is a convenience. We pay for that stuff. I know some people may not agree with me, but this is my opinion. I have been an ebayer since 02, and a premier paypal user since 04. They have protected me several times and I don't have a problem paying for their service.

The people that think paypal is a scam really don't know how to use it. People that take the gamble of receiving a perfect product and choose to pay via "gift" method then they are just digging their own graves if they receive something that was not as described.

The correct way to do it if you do not have trust in your seller, is have them send an invoice with a full description in their words and pay for it via paypal through the payment option (yes fees are charged) but with it done this way you have a written contract. So you have to pay the seller a couple extra bucks to make up the difference they lose due to the transaction. Your purchase then qualifies for paypal protection because the item did not match what the invoice said.

Take note! I am not accusing anyone of anything, but people that think paypal is a scam are just clueless about its use.

Pay the fees, use the payment option and get the protection. Technically if you use the gift option you are scamming paypal, why should they have to stand behind anyone on an item they purchased and decided to pay with a gift option? Just my thoughts. Yes I think ebay and paypal fees are outrageous, but it is a convenience. We pay for that stuff. I know some people may not agree with me, but this is my opinion. I have been an ebayer since 02, and a premier paypal user since 04. They have protected me several times and I don't have a problem paying for their service.

Up until very recently, paypal has been one of the WORST companies to do business with. Randomly locking accounts, requiring insane information from sellers... The list goes on and on. Just do a quick Google search if you aren't familiar with the problems people have with paypal.

All of that is very slowly starting to change thanks to the CEO, but it's going to be a very long time before they get the full support from scorned users.

Up until very recently, paypal has been one of the WORST companies to do business with. Randomly locking accounts, requiring insane information from sellers... The list goes on and on. Just do a quick Google search if you aren't familiar with the problems people have with paypal.

All of that is very slowly starting to change thanks to the CEO, but it's going to be a very long time before they get the full support from scorned users.

In almost 10 years I have never had my account locked. Ever. I hold a business debit, extras mastercard and smart connect credit line through GE Money via paypal. I also have maintained an "Advantage" account through paypal. Maybe others have had problems, but I have yet to ever have a problem with paypal other than disagreeing with their fees on certain services.

I can attest to that. One time I paid a guy on ebay $40 for something. He sent it. Then there was some error and they double charged my account and I had to call credit card company to reverse it then the guy on ebay didn't get paid and got pissed at me blabla.

Been trying to get on to OakleyExchange.com but keep getting pushed back to OakleyForum.com am i doing something wrong?

OakleyExchange is shut down, you can use the exchange forums on here instead.

Back