• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPad Compatibility.

It would be great, at least for me, if the forum software was more iPad compatible. You have to type in < b r > (without the spaces) to create a new paragraph.

Also, when looking at the home screen, the search bar covers most of my username and the buttons like "inbox".

Also, you can't play YouTube videos posted by users. This probably has to do with Apple's crappy browser and its inability to play flash video.

Apple sucks, it's like the Ray Ban of tablets ahahaha.

Seriously though, I've never had a problem browsing the forum with any of my Android devices, via the browser/Chrome/Tapatalk. From the sound of it you are using the stock browser, maybe try Tapatalk or whatever the iOS equivalent is?

The last point you're correct on.

As far as the search bar covering some of the options, this is due to the "native" width of the forum setup being pretty wide. I have my 24" screen on max resolution and usually snap my browser to half the screen to play a video on one side or something, and I have the same problem, but hovering the mouse works dandy.

I would just suggest you get one of the apps for this ****. Tapatalk or Forum Runner should work on the iPad I think. I use Tapa on my iPhone with no real issues. The app displays the avatar of the latest post author instead of the first, and small things like that. And it kept my old setting for posts per page before the forum changeover to the current format.

Ray Ban? You give it that high of a rating? I figured you would have said it was the Spy or Adidas of tablets.
Maybe you are right. Maybe I should have said its the Linegear of tablets. Ok to use, but overpriced for what it is :p

I haven't purchased tapatalk or forum runner because their ratings are ****. Might look into it. Might start browsing with chrome, or another browser.
I use Tapatalk 1 (haven't tried 2) and I have no complaints. It's slicker than using Chrome since it completely reformats the forum into Tapa's design.

Latest posts
D1B1DE6B-A4F8-48F3-9016-065579AD66D7-18842-00000F30B677AEA0_zpse8187633.jpg

Conversations
AAD78359-353B-4180-9356-571611573311-18842-00000F30BEEBCC20_zpsed998640.jpg

Standard forum browsing
5CB1490F-9F7B-41B5-A199-14B8714FCD58-18842-00000F30BAFCBB59_zps74abcfb3.jpg

And this is how threads look. This is the "What are you wearing" thread, so the last posts were just pics. It posts a thumbnail you can click on, which then lets you pan through all of the images posted on that page of the topic.
B7094E83-7940-47DD-86F8-434369DA720A-18842-00000F30C3449A37_zps3923723d.jpg

We are working on a more mobile friendly design which would adapt to the size of the screen while still maintaining our overall design and look, but it probably won't be active for several months.

I use tapa on my iPhone, but hate it for the iPad. My only real issue is the covering of the user quick links, but like was already said, that's a forum issue more than am iPad issue.

Latest Posts

Back