• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone 4S

if you are already an iPhone 4 user, the 4S may not impress u.
the 4S is primarily targeted at iPhone 3GS users who are now out of contract with their carrier. 3GS to 4S is definitely a leap forward.

I'm getting a 4S soon... just because... :redface:

Apparently there is an app you can load onto a Samsung to sync with iTunes. It's the main reason I've still got an iPhone - everything is tied into iTunes.

Really for my wife more than me..not a geek at heart...I know so many people with dvd's they watch once and put on a shelf...I could easily live without computer or tv..

Your family must love you :wink:. What are you goina do when the iPhone 5 comes out?!?

Ha ha they won't be when my credit card bill hit's the table! lol... The iPhone 4S is the 5th iPhone... i'm guessing the next phone will be called iPhone 6...?

nah it'll be called iphone 5, just like when they had the iphone 3 and 3gs, now they have the 4 and 4s....

i don't think i'll be getting the 4s, my roommate has a 3gs currently and he's grabbing the 4s though. funny i didn't get the 3gs either.... i'll wait for the 5...

@xmetalmaniac

those are sharp!!!!!
iphone5nj.jpg

i would jump on it in a blink . . .

nah it'll be called iphone 5, just like when they had the iphone 3 and 3gs, now they have the 4 and 4s....

Far as i know this is the iPhone 5 just called the 4S

as it goes

1st Gen - iPhone
2nd Gen - iPhone 3G
3rd Gen - iPhone 3GS
4th Gen - iPhone 4
5th Gen - iPhone 4S

As you can see there never was a iPhone called iPhone 2 or any thing like that so why would the 6th Generation iPhone be called 5 when the current iPhone is the 5th Gen phone from Apple???

Far as i know this is the iPhone 5 just called the 4S

as it goes

1st Gen - iPhone
2nd Gen - iPhone 3G
3rd Gen - iPhone 3GS
4th Gen - iPhone 4
5th Gen - iPhone 4S

As you can see there never was a iPhone called iPhone 2 or any thing like that so why would the 6th Generation iPhone be called 5 when the current iPhone is the 5th Gen phone from Apple???

4S is an enhancement of 4... NOT a replacement model. Again, 4S is targeted at existing 3GS users who are by now out of contract with their carriers.
3GS is now targeted at the entry level segment / dumb phone owners upgrading or wanna try out a smartphone.

5 (if/when there's gonna be one) will be the replacement model for 4. it will be the new high end segment, 4S will be mid level segment and 4 will be entry level. By then 3GS will be EOL.

When there's a new model number, there'll be a radical design change.

iPhones and iPads are not categorized by generations.. unlike iPod and Macs.

:redface:

Latest Posts

Back