• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone App Store opens without clicking any ads while browsing the forum

Kuztomized

I should Work at Oakley
Southwest PA
As the title says... Lately while I'm browsing the forum on my iPhone, the apple App Store application occasionally pops open and displays a random app. At first I thought I might have accidentally clicked the advertisement banner, but now it's happening more frequently and I'm 100% sure that it's opening all by itself. Anyone else having this problem?

You didn't click on location under a user name by accident and it's suggesting the Google Maps app? I recall my phone doing the same occasionally before I went premium and that misclick was the culprit at least part of the time.

Nah not maps, its always the App Store, like forced advertisement for a random app. At first I thought it was due to a misclick but now that it's happened more, I know for sure I didn't click anything. I guess the answer is probably "go premium" :). I've been wanting to do that anyway, but there was always that voice in my head saying I could get a new pair instead.

Yeah that's not us doing it, appears to be sketchy advertisers exploiting the loophole, but looks like it will be closed shortly. I've never experienced it on iOS, but hopefully this is closed soon.

Latest Posts

Back