• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Madman for me?

Jjinga

Oakley Beginner
Thinking of buying my first metal Oakleys and looking at the Madman shades. I have a small head and was wondering if you think they would be to big for me? By small, I mean I usually wear Flaks with the regular size lens. I can wear the XLJ's but they are just a little to big. Appreciate your opinion here.

Thinking of buying my first metal Oakleys and looking at the Madman shades.
Firstly, the Madman isn't metal, strictly speaking.
Secondly, IMHO, they are a styling exercise first, and a practical pair of sunglasses waaaay second.
Thirdly, I feel confident in predicting a long, slow climb to the "collectible" status that is enjoyed by the true XMetals.
Myself; I would save a little more to get real XM, real rarity, and functional practicality.
Unless of course you're heart-achingly pining for that peculiar orbital design, and early adopter status...

Firstly, the Madman isn't metal, strictly speaking.
Secondly, IMHO, they are a styling exercise first, and a practical pair of sunglasses waaaay second.
Thirdly, I feel confident in predicting a long, slow climb to the "collectible" status that is enjoyed by the true XMetals.
Myself; I would save a little more to get real XM, real rarity, and functional practicality.
Unless of course you're heart-achingly pining for that peculiar orbital design, and early adopter status...
Even if you love the round orbital, snag a Mars instead... Best way to know is for you to try on a pair (of Madmans) and see if you like them though! Wear what YOU like, the heck with what ANYBODY else thinks :)

If you want round lens go with Mars/craters. The madman are cool but Mars are much more practical, stylish, customizable, rare, and awesome. The only reason I got a madman was because its raw serialized.

I chose madman over Mars because the earstem flare design and no need for flex coupler tuning. Also I was worried about those "c" clips holding the Mars orbitals would break or risk losing them. Madman basically hassle free

Latest Posts

Back