• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Mars Crater Worth Buying?

I think a lot of the buy it now prices on Ebay are priced way to high. I am watching the same pair of glasses but I don't think I will buy this pair. I will bid on the auctions with no reserve and no buy it now then it's up to the bidders to decide how much they are worth.

Yes most of the sellers are over pricing it and the price difference from the Romeo 1 is not that big. The reason why I'm hesitant to buy this is because I compare it to my Romeo 1 in Titanium/ Gold Iridium when I bought it 3 years ago in a Brand New mint condition with box and everything plus the seller give me an extra nose bomb, temple shocks, ears socks and an extra X-Metal nose bridge for only $290.

Yes most of the sellers are over pricing it and the price difference from the Romeo 1 is not that big. The reason why I'm hesitant to buy this is because I compare it to my Romeo 1 in Titanium/ Gold Iridium when I bought it 3 years ago in a Brand New mint condition with box and everything plus the seller give me an extra nose bomb, temple shocks, ears socks and an extra X-Metal nose bridge for only $290.

Yea but that was 3 years ago. The Romeo was only discontinued for 2 years, xmetals were still being made, and the demand isn't what it is not. Things aren't the same. You can hunt around for a deal but they are def getting harder to find.

Yea but that was 3 years ago. The Romeo was only discontinued for 2 years, xmetals were still being made, and the demand isn't what it is not. Things aren't the same. You can hunt around for a deal but they are def getting harder to find.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought The Romeo 1 was discontinued since 2004? I bought my R1 in 2010 and that time Romeo 1 is very hard to find in a mint and Brand New condition, most of them are pre-owned with stress crack and sometimes with out the box and coin. Probably you were referring to the Romeo 2.0 which was discontinued in 2009.

And he is very strict to his price. He doesn't want to make some deal even though you're willing to buy multiple items to him. Actually I bought Mars from him 2 years ago for a friend of mine and I say that this will be my 2nd time to buy, and still he said "NO"

Keep in mind that for whatever an item is sold for on ebay that the seller will have to hand ebay 12-15% of the sell price PLUS shipping. So if he is asking $250 he will probably only net $225-ish.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought The Romeo 1 was discontinued since 2004? I bought my R1 in 2010 and that time Romeo 1 is very hard to find in a mint and Brand New condition, most of them are pre-owned with stress crack and sometimes with out the box and coin. Probably you were referring to the Romeo 2.0 which was discontinued in 2009.

I think Qtrain was saying that you bought your Romeo 1 3yrs back and from that time only 2 years has passed since Romeo was discontinued. Maybe the last colorway of Romeo was 2006-07???

You are correct. I had my date wrong. I knew it was 2004, not sure why I thought 2007. At any rate, it's still been 3 years+ since you got your last one. Demand is up and supply is decreasing faster everyday. The days of 300$ Romeos are pretty much over. 3 years from now I'd bet a regular mars will be worth 350-400 if the supply finally dries up and demand is the same as it is now. The point being that they are more sought after now and they're fewer and farer between.

Keep in mind that for whatever an item is sold for on ebay that the seller will have to hand ebay 12-15% of the sell price PLUS shipping. So if he is asking $250 he will probably only net $225-ish.

If he's lucky yea. It really sucks and all that money goes straight into eBays pocket

I can say that the seller is legit...
I bought my pair of Mars from her. Yes the seller is a woman... At least the name on the shipping label is a womans name.

They are also listed as being in Maryland... But they actually ship from Florida.

That said... Shipping was fast and they were VERY WELL packaged!
They are BRAND SPANKING new... The arm hinges are SUPER TIGHT.

Are they too expensive? I dunno... They're cheaper than any other listing on eBay.

Some Mars goodness for you...

20130114_210008.jpg

20130114_205956.jpg

Latest Posts

Back