1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. arz33

arz33 Oakley Beginner

Anyone have it and can tell me anything about it. Id be using when I go fishing and to use to carry my lab top for school and and for general use. Camping and other things.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I prefer the kitchen sink only because i like the "O" instead of the "Oakley" logo.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

I've had the AP 2.0 and the Kitchen Sink, If you don't mind the bulk, the Kitchen Sink has tons of space. The AP was good too, but of the two the Kitchen Sink wins for me, the top storage compartment if perfect for protecting your sunglasses.

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

the AP backpacks are perfect with the Vests!
    but for outdoor activities i use the wet & dry backpack.... it´s better if it´s starts raining and the wet & dry have enough space to take care of a lot of stuff :cool:

5. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector

To answer the original question, I prefer the 2.0 over the 3.0. The shoulder straps are thinner than the 2.0, plus its missing some contrast bar-tacked stitching, so over time the outer nylon covering would "rotate" around the padding for the shoulder straps...got annoying. Also the icon pack 3.0 is just kind of heavy as a backpack by itself, even when completely empty. (The kitchen sink is too though)...but if you dont mind, its a decent bag otherwise..

Also the 3.0 seems to be stitched with cheaper quality thread than the 2.0. And the nets are prone to rip/tear.

Is The AP BACKPACK 3.0 A Good Bag ? - oakley.jpg

6. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

are you talking about the icon 3.0? i think the OP is referring to the ap 3.0

7. arz33

arz33 Oakley Beginner

well I am look for something that I can use for school to carry books but also use camping or when I go fishing. What would be best? Kitchen Sink, Hardshell, AP?

8. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

How tall are you? If you're taller than 5'9" you're probably better off with the Kitchen Sink. It is a pretty damn big bad and you can use it for all those things you mentioned.

9. arz33

arz33 Oakley Beginner

6'1, maybe ill go with that, even though I love the look of the AP