• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is The AP BACKPACK 3.0 A Good Bag ?

arz33

Oakley Beginner
Anyone have it and can tell me anything about it. Id be using when I go fishing and to use to carry my lab top for school and and for general use. Camping and other things.

arz33 said:
Anyone have it and can tell me anything about it. Id be using when I go fishing and to use to carry my lab top for school and and for general use. Camping and other things.
I've had the AP 2.0 and the Kitchen Sink, If you don't mind the bulk, the Kitchen Sink has tons of space. The AP was good too, but of the two the Kitchen Sink wins for me, the top storage compartment if perfect for protecting your sunglasses.

the AP backpacks are perfect with the Vests!
but for outdoor activities i use the wet & dry backpack.... it´s better if it´s starts raining and the wet & dry have enough space to take care of a lot of stuff :cool:

To answer the original question, I prefer the 2.0 over the 3.0. The shoulder straps are thinner than the 2.0, plus its missing some contrast bar-tacked stitching, so over time the outer nylon covering would "rotate" around the padding for the shoulder straps...got annoying. Also the icon pack 3.0 is just kind of heavy as a backpack by itself, even when completely empty. (The kitchen sink is too though)...but if you dont mind, its a decent bag otherwise..

Also the 3.0 seems to be stitched with cheaper quality thread than the 2.0. And the nets are prone to rip/tear.

oakley.jpg

To answer the original question, I prefer the 2.0 over the 3.0. The shoulder straps are thinner than the 2.0, plus its missing some contrast bar-tacked stitching, so over time the outer nylon covering would "rotate" around the padding for the shoulder straps...got annoying. Also the icon pack 3.0 is just kind of heavy as a backpack by itself, even when completely empty. (The kitchen sink is too though)...but if you dont mind, its a decent bag otherwise..

Also the 3.0 seems to be stitched with cheaper quality thread than the 2.0. And the nets are prone to rip/tear.

oakley.jpg

are you talking about the icon 3.0? i think the OP is referring to the ap 3.0

well I am look for something that I can use for school to carry books but also use camping or when I go fishing. What would be best? Kitchen Sink, Hardshell, AP?

How tall are you? If you're taller than 5'9" you're probably better off with the Kitchen Sink. It is a pretty damn big bad and you can use it for all those things you mentioned.

Back