• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there any chance Oakley will go back to their 90s' wrap styles?

Eye jacket vs sliver....i take eye jacket any day and twice on sunday. 90s style wraparounds were the heart of oakley...they need to make a comeback...

..............but probably won't...............................................

i buy a pair of eye jacket this week , yes they are old fashion but i can tell you i can use them because i make my own fashion , the only problem is that the eye jacket are a little narrow to my head , if not i will use that alien style many times lool
but telling you that that kind of sunglass will be in fashion again !!!
i think not , that oval wraparound style i think not , or maybe on 2053 year again looool

Well I wouldn't say they've left that completely behind- there's been new models that adhere to that DNA such as the Turbine and in recent memory the Pit Bull, Pit Boss etc....though the PB was JJ carryover- but it's definitely fallen off. The question becomes when will they choose to cycle the fashion trends back to that (because those trends are driven by the manufacturers not the consumer...and in this case it's driven by just Lux because they're THE monopoly in the eyewear industry)- right now they're going to ride the wave of "sunglasses don't actually need to shade your eyes from the sun and why wouldn't you want people to be able to see your eyes" designs that emphasize the squared off, big lens look (ironically more lens that does less) which is interpreted as masculine - which I'm not saying it isn't as I get more female eyeballing in Holbrooks than all other shades combined- I just don't see it as uniquely masculine...but I'm a guy so what do I know. But who knows- you might see something- the company basically does one off models now with nothing being in production for longer than an hour only to be discontinued so much like dead clocks are right twice a day...anything is possible.

i think Pit bull and Turbine have a modern cut and are totally 2010 + style , yes they are futuristic like many things oakley make , but i think they are not near the wraparound style of 90 ´s like eye jaket and the old straight jackets and the Twenty XX ....and i think its that style this thread talk about ..the begining ....
Cheers

oakley jacker.jpg

Last edited:
i think Pit bull and Turbine have a modern cut and are totally 2010 + style , yes they are futuristic like many things oakley make , but i think they are not near the wraparound style of 90 ´s like eye jaket and the old straight jackets and the Twenty XX ....and i think its that style this thread talk about ..the begining ....
Cheers

View attachment 261428
Had I not gotten into XMETALS, I would be wearing these and Fives 2.0. Only went to Fives because I'm rough on glasses and the ear stems are thin and fragile on these. I will get another nostalgia pair soon. 45mm FMJ and put some Deep H2O in them for fishing.

Had I not gotten into XMETALS, I would be wearing these and Fives 2.0. Only went to Fives because I'm rough on glasses and the ear stems are thin and fragile on these. I will get another nostalgia pair soon. 45mm FMJ and put some Deep H2O in them for fishing.

About the X metals ................some days ago i didnt even no what are x metals !!!
i am more and less new on oakley i learn a lot and i think on this first year i start wearing oakley i buy around 20 o-matter pairs
Now that i know the x metals , i wish i have a pair of X quared or Romeo ....
X -metals are true art !!!!!

About the X metals ................some days ago i didnt even no what are x metals !!!
i am more and less new on oakley i learn a lot and i think on this first year i start wearing oakley i buy around 20 o-matter pairs
Now that i know the x metals , i wish i have a pair of X quared or Romeo ....
X -metals are true art !!!!!
I really didn't either. My buddy had a pair (that I now own) I found my first pair on the side of the road and got some new lenses for them. Loved the hell out of them, but really knew nothing about them. Lost them in 2010. Got a job where I had some extra $ so I thought I'd get another pair. Found this forum and started reading and seeing what they were about. That was 6/15, Im up to 7 pairs.

what we have its a little comparing with other members have more than 100+ pairs !!! :twitch:

Back