• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is There Fake Oakley Nanowire1.0 In The Planet?

eizioalditore

Oakley Beginner
hi everyone i am newbies to oakley society and just fall in love with it. i order my first oakley glass (nanowire1.0) via internet. the seller told me that i can be confident that this is 100% real because there is no such thing as fake nanowire1.0? he told me the rimless frame is impossible to replicate. did he tell me the truth. thanks you guys so much for helping in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

MPH means it was made from spare parts. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks OakleyFrankFMJ
may i ask how to differentiate a authentic oakley nanowire 1.0 from a fake one. the one i got is much heavier than i though. i read review about this glass and it said this is very light weight so i got a little surprise.

The MPH Nanowire 1.0 and original Nanowire 1.0 should be identical (or close to it) as far as weight is concerned. One interesting fact is that all of the MPH Nanowire 1.0 models I have carried (Black Chrome/Grey, Matte Black/Grey, Brown Chrome/Brown, etc) have polarized lenses, despite the fact that some batches do not have the word POLARIZED etched on the lens.

...and Mr. Potato Head means that the pair of glasses isn't the same as the original retail version. 90% of the time, the frame is the same, and the leses are swapped to something cheaper, like grey or bronze. I.e. - original white chrome frame with +Red Iridium lenses becomes MPH white chrome frame with grey lenses. MPH are created by Oakley, so they should be legit.

As for there not being fake Nanowires out there....almost anything can be faked nowadays. If they can have fake Juliet and Pit Boss, I'm sure they could fake Nanowires. I've never heard of one, but it doesn't mean they're not out there.

...and Mr. Potato Head means that the pair of glasses isn't the same as the original retail version. 90% of the time, the frame is the same, and the leses are swapped to something cheaper, like grey or bronze. I.e. - original white chrome frame with +Red Iridium lenses becomes MPH white chrome frame with grey lenses. MPH are created by Oakley, so they should be legit.

As for there not being fake Nanowires out there....almost anything can be faked nowadays. If they can have fake Juliet and Pit Boss, I'm sure they could fake Nanowires. I've never heard of one, but it doesn't mean they're not out there.

Back