• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This A Good Deal For Xmetals On CL?

bigguybri

Oakley Expert
New Jersey
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clo/4642614122.html

I am just diving into xmetals and I don't know much yet. I was hoping to get some idea if these could be a good deal. I posted pictures from seller. The Romeo has it's serial on the nose. Both are glasses only. Asking 300 for Juliet with scratches on lense and 700 for Romeo. Thank you in advance for any input and if possible include what they are worth.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The Juliet is pretty average price I would say. Might be able to get it a little lower depending on how big the scratch is on the lens.
The Romeo is a little on the high side but it does come with the x metal vault which could be justified. The main thing to check on the Romeo is the condition of the lenses, they will crack in the corners by the nose bridge.

Looks about fair if condition is excellent. Personally, i wouldnt pay that much for the juliet unless i specifically am looking for the x-serial pair. However if i wanted that particularly and it is in good condition $275 for the juliet, $650 for the romeos if they are in excellent condition with the xmetal vault with intact foam. Esp since he is selling together i would talk him down to $850ish since it would cost him more time/effort to sell you one item and setup a time to meet with someone else for the other.

I thought X Serial means its a XX? for 300 a Xmetal XX is a great price. Even for just the frame.Then again it looks like its not a hammerstem which means Juliet. I think 300 if the lenses were good id so go for it.

Ok actually XX is Xmetal XX one X is a Juliet....Carry on lol

Are there any tricks to differentiating them? I see the Juliet in shorter in height.

The Serial number is your first step(unless its un-serialized), The hammerstems are another giveaway (unless its a polished julet, but there wasnt a polished XX so thats easy). The oribital screws are a little more flushed on a Juliet and of course the orbitals are smaller on a Juliet compared to a XX.

Here is a good thread that shows you serial numbers

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/x-metal-serial-number.20329/

'X' is the prefix for the very first release of x-metal/ruby juliets. grab them bad boys before someone else jumps on them....

Back