• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This EBay Proposal Sketchy, Or Is It Just Me?

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
So I'm sell an Oalkley thing or two on eBay and I got this message from a user.

"I love your store on eBay and I have a question to ask you. I am wondering if you could order Oakley’s for me at cost plus 6-10%. This is a starting point but we can negotiate percentages. I am a giant fan and collector of Oakley’s and would like to be able to get them at a better deal than I am right now. I also have other collectors that always come to me looking for deals and wanting to widen their collections as well. I am doing this with some other authorized dealers and eBay sellers that have access to Oakley’s but they aren't giving me the numbers that I want, making it extremely hard to get all of the sweet pairs that Oakley keeps coming out with. This would be a great way for you to make a lot of extra money and avoid eBay fees. This also would be a long term type of deal so think about all the things you could do with the tons of money you would make by just doing monthly orders. I am hoping that you can message back with an answer.

I appreciate your time!"

Seemed kind of sketch. He mentioned a "store" which is not the case at all. it's the only item I'm selling at the moment, and it's not even a pair of glasses! Seemed like a cut/paste message to me.... just curious if any of you had ever got anything like this before after listing Oakley.

I have never gotten a message like that since I have never sold anything Oakley related but I think it is a copied message that he just sends out to a lot of people. I would steer clear sounds a little fishy

A few years ago when I sold off my shoe collection I received a message similar to this...I replied to the guy and just let him know that I didn't have any kind of store and I was just selling off my personal shoe collection, so I wasn't interested in his offer. I must have pissed him off because after that he started bidding on a bunch of my stuff and then wouldn't pay for the items that he won.

Sounds shady, I would stay far away from this. Too many types of scams going on everywhere now, even in eBay. I've never seen a message like this before, and I sell Oakley frames on eBay from time to time. Weird...stay away and don't even reply.

I got a similar message from a guy in Malaysia several months ago. Basically he said that it's hard to get Oakleys over there so would I be interested in a deal where he orders them from me, I get them for him and he pays a little extra for my time. Whether it was a genuine offer or not I don't know, but I declined.

Back