1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. godzen

godzen Oakley Beginner

I'm close to buying a brand new polished carbon with black iridium polarized lens. It is brand new, genuine and comes with everything except the outside paper box which was damaged. Asking price is $400 flat. Is this a decent deal? If this doesn't fit me, will it be a problem unloading this without losing too much of what I paid for? I just bought my first x-metal juliet and love it. However, I've always liked square frame a little more so i'm just curious to try one out.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

For $400 I would like to have the box.

3. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

completely agree

4. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

Would have to be the full kit for $400 on the XS for me

5. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

+1 No box - no deal

6. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Keep an eye out for them. You can do better than 400 without box. 300 sounds more in the ballpark.

7. capacheto

capacheto Oakley Beginner

Agree with the rest here. I just picked up a pair of XS carbon/ ruby iridium new in box with an X soft vualt for $420 on ebay. I think from a collector point of view the box and coin are required north of 300.

8. godzen

godzen Oakley Beginner

thanks everyone for you opinion. Put things in perspective after the excitement dies down a little

9. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Box only matters if your not going to wear them and look at them as investments or resell latter. I say if u want them and feel price is decent ,do it, I have never had any regrets picking up xs!! Alway happy with the deal, box or no box. All my boxes get stuffed under display case anyways. Only regret I ever have is selling xs!!!

10. EIZOHK

EIZOHK Oakley Beginner

I agree with previous post. If you wear the XS, you do not need to bother with the condition of box. It is getting more difficult to find brand new XS. I bought one pair of XS Ducati version at US$400 from DUCATI online store, four pairs with RUBY lens from a UK retailer early this year at US$300 and another pair with polarized lens at US$380 last year. I love the design so much that I shall keep all of them.