• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Wearing Sunglasses All Day Bad For You....

kinston1989

Oakley Expert
Texas
Let me start by saying I'm exposed to the sun all day. On to the question , does it harm your eyes after a prolong time. I'm aware of the protection oakley offers but is there any risks involved? Literally ill wear my Oak's for 12+hrs from morning till dawn.... I know it reduces muscle stress on my eyes, and relaxes them. I've never had any problems except for the outline on my face from the sunburn haha... And actually once I wore them I felt less relaxed from my face and eyes. I wear both polarized and non polarized, from all different color from black iridium to vr28. Might be a dumb question to ask... But hey thats why were here to ask dumb questions...

Over time if you reduce your exposure to bright light your eyes become more sensitive to it. I've done this for years and while my night vision is incredible I can't walk outside without sunglasses on, even on overcast days. Not really bad for you but something to keep in mind.

what foleyness said...

i wear mine most of the time that is sunny, even for a cig break outside, and they days that are even overcast my eyes squint...

I don't know about non-polarized lenses but polarized lenses can give people headaches. I am supposed to wear prescription glasses but when the optician told me that I'd have to have regular check ups because wearing them would actually make my eyesight worse over time i thought f-that, what's the point in wearing glasses if they make your eyesight worse? So I stick with my eyesight as is. Sounds like it might be the same for sunglasses. Personally I only wear sunglasses when it's really sunny and I'm outside which, in the UK, is not that often!

@jk-27

I've heard about how polarized lenses cause headaches to some people. I did lose some vision on my left eye bad, but that's natural that we will.. mine just wad fast enough to notice, yet my right eye is perfect.

I've heard you should wear sun cream all year round (yep even in the UK & not that i do) so i would say it's a good idea to have your shades on every time your outside and i would wear mine all the time i was out.

Back