1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Hello y'all. I just realised today that my Romeo 1.0 left side ear stem is touching the inside of right lower side orbital when the left earstem is close first. All my other X-metals dun display such issue. Is it just the frame or the rubbers finally gave way in my Romeo? Anyone having the same issue? By the way, when the right ear stem is close first, it dun touch the left lower orbital.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Just checked on mine - both arms stop equal distant from the orbital when closing each one individually. (about 25mm). If you look closely you will see that there is a notch in the frame (where the arm screw goes through) which the corresponding arm comes to a stop against. If you want I will post a picture to show what I mean.

3. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Please post a pic bro. Thanx.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

SOME arms do this- its especially prevalent on juliets. it was a casting issue but it wasnt really considered a problem. dont worry about it

5. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Thanx BriP. That sure sets my mind at ease. For a moment I thought it might need a rebuilt.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

No worries

7. mjt42

here's what they look like on mine.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  8. mjt42

9. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Thanx mjt42. I really didn't notice the notch on my Romeo before. I'll check it up once I'm home tomorrow.

10. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Oh...and replacing the ear stems washers can be such a bi*ch.... anyone tried replacing them on their own before?