• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Item not received but USPS tracking said "Delivered at front porch/mailbox"

grimm

Oakley Enthusiast
USA
****UPDATE - Neighbors from 2 doors down the street dropped it off Sunday night - whew****

I bought something from a forum. The seller shipped promptly after I paid via Paypal f&f. Nothing was in the mailbox or front porch. It was less than $100. He is a long time member so no reason to suspect nefarious activity for this small amount. What would you guys suggest to be the best course of action after contacting the post office? Thanks.

Last edited:
I bought something from a forum. The seller shipped promptly after I paid via Paypal f&f. Nothing was in the mailbox or front porch. It was less than $100. He is a long time member so no reason to suspect nefarious activity for this small amount. What would you guys suggest to be the best course of action after contacting the post office? Thanks.
I believe this may have to do with bad neighbours or bad postmen and NOTHING to do with the member...

Was it insured?

Yes, had a number of them. Definitely call your post office. Not the national # but the local office that handles your deliveries.

YMMV but these days they have scanners that geotag when they scan an item for delivery. This lets them call up a satellite view of where it was delivered, lets them narrow down to which street. Then the scanner takes a 360 picture during the scan which they can scroll and zoom in on to try to figure out which house it was delivered to. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than it used to be.

They may offer to have the mailman go back and try to recover your package; go ahead and let them. But I suggest you also have them tell you which address they think it was actually delivered to then go knock on that door yourself.

Yup i have experience that as well, but mines was 800 dollar piece. I have to hunt that clown down. I even went to the post office myself to file a complain, but i was fortunate to get my package. Now the only method i use is with sig confirmation especially if its an expensive piece. Infact i have checked my mail yesyerday and i have 2 boxes that are not even mines. I have to drop them off to the neighbhors later.

I don't really see the value of sig confirmation. If whoever's at the misdelivered address signs for it, you're just as SOL.

I don't really see the value of sig confirmation. If whoever's at the misdelivered address signs for it, you're just as SOL.
Although that is the case, one can opt for restricted delivery, but of course, that's extra. Lol

Sent from Q's Note5

****UPDATE - Neighbors from 2 doors down the street dropped it off Sunday night - whew****

At least your neighbors were nice enough to drop it off for you. Some are not so nice.

The sig better as u know who recieves the item they have to print the name so its easire to track.

Back