• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Item not received but USPS tracking said "Delivered at front porch/mailbox"

The sig better as u know who recieves the item they have to print the name so its easire to track.
No they don't. I had a signature confirmation item last week and I signed for it with an illegible signature. Anyone could have signed for it.

Sent from Q's Note5

The sig better as u know who recieves the item they have to print the name so its easire to track.

No they don't. I had a signature confirmation item last week and I signed for it with an illegible signature. Anyone could have signed for it.

Sent from Q's Note5

Exactly - I was thinking of the lost R1 that was misdelivered a couple of months ago. It was sig required, someone signed for it, they had a first initial and last name, and it had no value in resolving the issue. Package was never found, insurance claim not possible because it was delivered and signed for.

Receiving an item sig required, the only value is it prevents them from just leaving it on your front porch. Which for me is a bigger pain than benefit.

Sending sig required, it only helps if you don't trust the recipient to be honest that they actually received a delivery. But that still has no practical value, because once the tracking says it's delivered, sig required or not, the recipient has no options to file a "not received" claim. Really if they were trying to rip you off they're better off claiming the item was wrong/damaged/fake/whatever than that they didn't receive it.

Exactly - I was thinking of the lost R1 that was misdelivered a couple of months ago. It was sig required, someone signed for it, they had a first initial and last name, and it had no value in resolving the issue. Package was never found, insurance claim not possible because it was delivered and signed for.

Receiving an item sig required, the only value is it prevents them from just leaving it on your front porch. Which for me is a bigger pain than benefit.

Sending sig required, it only helps if you don't trust the recipient to be honest that they actually received a delivery. But that still has no practical value, because once the tracking says it's delivered, sig required or not, the recipient has no options to file a "not received" claim. Really if they were trying to rip you off they're better off claiming the item was wrong/damaged/fake/whatever than that they didn't receive it.
Inwill definitely hunt that bastard down lol. It has to be signed by the one who is adressed to and not to just who ever.

Inwill definitely hunt that bastard down lol. It has to be signed by the one who is adressed to and not to just who ever.
You are sadly mistaken. A signature is required, but not YOURS. I've had my property manager sign for packages when I'm not home; it wasn't my choice, it was the USPS being lazy and not wanting to leave a peach notice in my mailbox or exposed at my doorstep.

Restricted delivery is what you are talking about. And it costs more than signature confirmation.

Sent from Q's Note5

No it doesn't. Anybody where they're delivering it can sign for it. Sig required doesn't ensure it gets delivered to the right person, only to a person.
Dang it. You beat me. But I cant expect anything different from The Fouker.

Sent from Q's Note5

Thanks all. I really felt relieved to get my package. I lucked out this time. I really don't know how eBay sellers do it. Sending items to total strangers and don't know when you will be dinged with claims and such. In the future, depending on how valuable to me the item is, I will probably spring for the add'l $3 or so for restricted delivery.

Thanks all. I really felt relieved to get my package. I lucked out this time. I really don't know how eBay sellers do it. Sending items to total strangers and don't know when you will be dinged with claims and such. In the future, depending on how valuable to me the item is, I will probably spring for the add'l $3 or so for restricted delivery.
FedEx or UPS ;)

Not sure how they work up there, but anyone can sign for packages shipped with them, too. Unless the shipper states otherwise.

Sent from Q's Note5
There you go. But at least they deliver to the correct address. ;)

Latest Posts

Back